Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Working moms -- meal schedule

We want to feed M breakfast and dinner at home, but I'm having trouble getting a good schedule down.  It seems like we're rushing to fit two meals in at home. Here's what we're doing, please share your schedules or any tips.

Between 5:00 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. -- First morning nurse
7:30 or 8:00 a.m. -- breakfast - purees, finger foods, and water (Sometimes he doesn't seem hungry for breakfast yet, but we can't push it any later and still get out the door at a decent time. It's already a little later than we would like.)
9:30 or 10:00 - finishes leftover breakfast at school and has a bottle
12:00 - lunch -- purees and finger foods
2:00 - bottle and finger food snack
4:00 - bottle
6:15 or 6:30 -- home from school, start dinner -- finger foods, purees, and water
7:00 or 7:15 - finishes dinner, play a little, start bedtime routine
7:30 - 8:15 - in bed

Re: Working moms -- meal schedule

• Options

At our 9 month appointment, our pedi recommened to switch from milk/formula first to purees/finger foods first.  Because of this, Emma east her breakfast really well.  She'll have fruit/oatmeal at about 6:45, then she'll have a bottle an hour or so later.  When she gets to DC around 9:30 she has a snack, then bottle.  Lunch is at 10:30 for her, then bottle.  She naps from 11:30-2:30.  She gives her a bottle when she gets up, then a snack around 3:30 or 4.  We eat dinner around 6 or 6:30, then a bottle before bed. 

I would try offering food first thing in the morning instead of a bottle, and then offer to nurse about an hour later.

• Options

Is there a particular reason why you are wanting to do two meals at home? Is it because of the allergy factor?

Our daughter eats breakfast and lunch at daycare, here is her schedule:

Bottle at 6:30 AM (this is at home)

Breakfast at 8 AM (at daycare)

Bottle at 10 AM (at daycare)

Lunch at 12 PM (at daycare)

Snack at 3 PM (at daycare)

Dinner at 5 PM (at home)

Bottle at 6:30 PM (at home)

In bed by 6:30/7 PM.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Leighton only eats dinner at home and maybe a snack while I am fixing dinner;  She is no longer on formula (as of this past weekend) but this is her schedule:

7:00 - sippy cup of milk, 6 or 7 ozs

8:00 - breakfast (at sitter)

10:00 - snack 

12:00 - lunch

2:30 - 3:00 snack

5:30 -snack at home while I am making dinner (if she's hungry)

6:00 - 6:30 dinner with us, whatever we are eating

7:00 - 7:30 sippy cup of milk before bed

She also has sippy cups of milk throughout the day at the sitter

• Options

during the week:

550ish: bottle, home

830ish: breakfast foods, DC

9ish: bottle, DC

1130ish: lunch foods, DC

noonish: bottle, DC

3ish: snack foods & usually another bottle: DC

5ish: dinner foods, home

645: bottle & bed, home

click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We have to be out of the house by 6, so we don't give him breakfast or a bottle before we leave. He gets to daycare about 7 and eats breakfast there. He drinks a morning bottle and an afternoon bottle and will have lunch at 1 snack. I pick him up at 4:00 and we are home at 5:00. Supper by 5:30. So the days that I work we only feed him once and give him 1 bottle at home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"