Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

What books does your LO love?

I'm getting so tired of reading the same books over and over, so DD is getting books for Christmas:) Which ones does your LO enjoy?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What books does your LO love?

• Options
    Leighton loves the three little pigs, goodnight moon and her absolute favorite is come on baby duck! ( we read this one most every single night!!)
  • Options
    Brody loves a "SOOOO Big" book by Fisher Price. He brings it over to me at least once a night to read Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DS mostly just eats the books and doesn't care to sit down and read through them.  But the one book that really gets his attention is Tails by Matthew Van Fleet.

He has two other books out and we're going to get them for DS for Christmas. 

Baby Boy #1 born 1/15/2010

Babies #2 & #3 arriving Spring 2014 (EDD June 18)

• Options
    DD's favorites are Ten Little Ladybugs, Peek-a-Who?, Brown Bear Brown Bear, and Very Hungry Caterpillar.
  • Options
    DS loves touch and feel books, books with flaps to open, pop up books or any book with pictures of real animals. His favorites right now are touch and feel puppy and Kitty, how does a dinosaur love their dog, and any of the Sandra Boyton books.
  • Options

My daughter also loves the hide and seek flap books, she LOVES to lift the flaps and giggles at what she finds hiding underneath. Her two favorites of this type of book is "Where is Spot?" and "Where is Maisy's Panda?".

She also loves the Sandra Boynton books, her favorite is "Moo, Baa, La, La, La". She also seems fascinated by the books with just one word and a picture of that word, especially the ones that have real animals in the book. I plan on getting her a few more of these type of books for Christmas/birthday.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD loves Brow Bear, she laughs hysterically at it.
    Big Sisters 2/10 & 12/11
    Little Brother 3/1/18
  • Options
    My LO's favorites are Brown Bear Brown Bear, Goodnight Moon, Pajama Time,  and No No No Little Turtles.  He has a few of those really small board books (like 3 inches by 3 inches) that he absolutely loves as well. 
  • Options
    Anything with pictures of kitties.  She also likes touch and feel books and books with pictures of real objects and animals.  She's too young to have patience for an illustrated storybook.
  • Options

DD loves "Pat the Bunny"--it's great because the character in the book does something, and then tells LO to do it. For example, the first action page is, "Judy can pat the bunny. Now YOU pat the bunny," and there's a fuzzy bunny to pat.

The second page is "Judy can play peek-a-boo with Paul. Now YOU play peek-a-boo with Paul," and there's a little cloth flap for them to lift and play peek-a-boo. 

Lizzy knows ALL the actions to the book, and it's super cute. However, it isn't a board book...so it may require some supervision if you don't want it to get ripped. 

• Options
    Ds just loves the peek-a-boo books with the touchy feely animals/materials in them. He also loves any books with bright, real pictures.
  • Options

Brown Bear Brown Bear
    The Very Hungry Caterpiller
    The Escape of Marvin the Ape
    all Spot books
    all flap books or interactive ones

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Cassie loves Ten Little Ladybugs, Brown Bear Brown Bear and Pajama Time
  • Options

Bright Stanley and the Cave Monster

Duck at the Door

The Very Cranky Bear

• Options
    My girls just loooove Peek-A-Who? The author's last name is Laden. They love the way the pages are cut out. They pick it out atleast once a day and flip through it themselves :)
  • Options

We LOVE the Llama Llama books :-)

https://www.llamallamabook.com/

• Options

Goodnight, Moon, Guess How Much I Love You, Peter Rabbit, and What Shall We Do With the Boo-hoo Baby?

The Boo-hoo Baby is great--- whenever I read the baby saying "boo-hoo-hoo!" Norah goes "hoooo!" and then cracks up.  It's by far her favorite.

bishes be crazy
  • Options
    DD loves lift the flap books! Especially the Karen Katz ones!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"