March 2011 Moms

UTI without burning?

Has anyone had a urinary tract infection without it burning when you pee?  How did you know you had one?  Thanks!

Re: UTI without burning?

• Yup, just had one 3 weeks ago and did not even know.  When I went to my GD test they also did a urine sample and I got a call from my OB telling me I need antibiotics because I had a UTI.  I said OH, OK. 
    DD born February 18, 2011
  • Last Christmas I had a UTI without the burning. I just had to go all the time, and my lady bits were really sore, almost like I had been kicked.

My m/w told me that it's very common for women to have asymptomatic (no symptoms) while having a UTI during pregnancy. So if you suspect one you should call and get yourself checked out.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I had one in the first trimester and I had no idea. I was peeing a lot but I just thought that was part of being pregnant. At my OB's office, they take an urine sample every time you come and check it for all kinds of stuff so that is how I knew I had one. Had they not checked, I would have never known.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagehispenguin:

Last Christmas I had a UTI without the burning. I just had to go all the time, and my lady bits were really sore, almost like I had been kicked.

My m/w told me that it's very common for women to have asymptomatic (no symptoms) while having a UTI during pregnancy. So if you suspect one you should call and get yourself checked out.

Ditto!

• imagejkyle:
    imagehispenguin:

Last Christmas I had a UTI without the burning. I just had to go all the time, and my lady bits were really sore, almost like I had been kicked.

Ditto!

Yep, this. I had to take a pee test last appt "just because", because you may have a UTI without symptoms.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• yes! I didn't know I had one, and the only reason I found out is because I pee in the cup every time I go to the doctor and they check for it.
  • I had one at the end of my first trimester. I usually have frequent, painful urination with my UTI's which in the past I have gotten quite frequently.

During this pregnancy, I didn't even feel anything compared to that. The only thing I felt was this horrible pain in basically my bones in my pubic area. I went to the OB b/c I was in so much pain and sure enough my urine came back with a UTI. So it is definitely possible that you could have a UTI and not have the normal symptoms. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"