Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: Has anyone taken decongestants while BFing?

I'm absolutely miserable with a head cold right now (and thankfully DD hasn't caught it...yet) and I called the pedi to ask if it's safe for me to take a decongestant.  The nurse said it's safe, but it may decrease my milk supply.  Has anyone taken it while BFing?  If so, did you notice a big decrease in your supply?  DD nurses every 4 hours and has been STTN since last week.  I have about 100 oz in my freezer, just in case.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Has anyone taken decongestants while BFing?

• Options
    I've definitely taken them. In fact, I took a Claritin-D just today. For me, every once in a while has been fine. I never take two in the same day and maybe take a Claritin-D 2-3 times in a month...I save it for the awful can't function without it days. I also heard re: the supply issue - one site said that it can be irreversible...I have no idea if that is true, but I didn't want to chance it. I also make sure to drink tons of water when I take them.
  • Options
    I took dayquil 4 hour, I will pump after 4 hours, kind of comparable to alcohol in the blood stream. FYI, my sinus are seriously clearing & it's a nice break! also,,,, prepare yourself for LO cough with a humidifier, baby vicks, cough drops for you near where you rock her, and aquaphor for lo face if she gets really drippy. I also got the saline drops for him & they seem to work, wish I had this before I needed it,,, hope she doesn't get it- it's miserable. poor me, haa!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"