D.C. Area Babies
Options

I need to stop watching the news

I was horrified about the story of the grandmother who threw her 2 year old grandchild off the side of the parking garage at Tysons.  What kind of monster does that? I want to cry just thinking about it.

Re: I need to stop watching the news

• Options
    that story pissed me off.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Goblin Gallup 5k 10/30/11 - 36:46
    Turkey Trot 5k 11/24/11 - 35:14
    Festival of Lights 5k 12/31/11 - 33:13
    Love the Run You're With 5k 2/13/12 - 31:58
    Backyard Burn 5 miler 3/11/12 - 1:08:42
    Cherry Blossom 10 Miler 4/1/12 - 1:58:22
    Wine Country HF 6/2/12 - TBD
    Spartan Race 8/25/12 - TBD
  • Options
    I first heard about it last night on the late news, and they were justing reporting the little girl had fallen.  By this morning, it was about the grandmother throwing her off.  Just sickening and so upsetting either way.  My daughter is 2, and it's unimaginably horrible.  I'm so afraid having DD around heights anyway - my dad things I'm irrational about it.  Whatever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    heartbreaking. our DCP was at Tyson's Corner last night and was around the area when it happened. she was crying telling me about it this morning. so, so, so sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh, I can't stand stories like this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I heard about it on the radio this morning and called DH in tears. SO, SO heartbreaking.
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I heard this on the news this morning and was just utterly shocked that this happened.  How could anyone do that?!?!  It makes me so sad.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

omg, that's horrifying!

has it been reported whether or not she did it on purpose? like is there any chance she was letting her sit on the railing and the girl fell? (not that that wouldn't have been stupid and horribly negligent, but at least it wouldn't be someone trying to hurt intentionally her grandbaby.)

• Options
    That is just horrible, I can't imagine how that family must feel. I hope the grandmother wasn't acting intentionally, and it was an accident like BH suggested.
  • Options
    She has been charged with murder.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebh2720:

omg, that's horrifying!

has it been reported whether or not she did it on purpose? like is there any chance she was letting her sit on the railing and the girl fell? (not that that wouldn't have been stupid and horribly negligent, but at least it wouldn't be someone trying to hurt intentionally her grandbaby.)

The news story I heard was that witnesses reported that she picked the child up and threw it. So it doesn't sound like an accident.

• Options
    It made me cry, those stories are always horrible but a grandmother actually throwing her granddaughter over the edge is beyond words.
  • Options
    I heard it on WTOP this morning, it made me cry and then I wondered if I would have thrown my own mother after her if it had been me (hypothetical since my own mother passed away when I was 21)
  • Options

I knew what this post was going to be about before I even opened it (yet, I still opened it!)

This story horrifies me. I have a 2YO DD and just the thought...it kills me. And makes me sick to my stomach. I try to avoid stories like this since I had DD but somehow I always manage to read them anyway. What is WRONG with people??

Photobucket
  • Options
    I first heard about this on the late news last night and when they said the homicide detectives were on the scene I knew it didn't sound good.  I have been really busy today, so this was the first I had heard anything more about this and it breaks my heart.  What monster would do a thing like that?!  I was in tears last night just hearing them say a 2 yr. old fell, especially since I have a sweet (most of the time, ha, ha) 2 yr. old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    Incomprehensible.  Nobody in their right mind would do something like that.  It's just so unbelievable.
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Options
    Ugh. I know exactly where that is at Tyson's--I usually park in that garage. I honestly don't think I can go shopping there this season.
  • Options
    I really just want this to be an accident.  Even though I know that they are saying mall security videos and witnesses say otherwise.  I just can't believe someone would do that to a little child. 
  • Options
    That was a very upsetting story. My fiance, mother and I are just baffled.
    ~Tia~ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"