Stay at Home Moms
Options

Christmas Presents from DH

Does your DH pick out gifts he wants to get you or do you tell him what you want?  Little of both?

In previous years, DH has always just surprised me with things that he picked out but I have a ton of stuff that I want/need right now, so was thinking about just telling him what I want.  Sounds awfully romantic, right? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas Presents from DH

• Options
    A little of both.  Mostly though he will get whatever I have asked for that is in our allotted budget for one another.  We also both create Amazon wish lists for family to shop off of (which I think is totally obnoxious and materialistic, yet quite helpful) so he sees what I want on there and vice versa.  And usually if there is something I really need, I'll bring it up to him. :)  I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for specific things.  Its up to him to decide if he wants to oblige you and you never actually know what he gets you until you open your gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have to tell him exactly what I want or he will get me NOTHING Indifferent

I told him about a movie a want this year and that's really all I want (well, plus the coffee maker his mom is getting me, lol).  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We usually just buy gifts for the kids (2 teens and Hallie).
  • Options

He always picks out my gifts. He sort of does the "shotgun" approach, meaning he buys a few random things and hopes I like one of them. I told him what I want this year, because honestly, I only want one thing. He never tells me what he wants. It is super frustrating, but he doesn't really care for gifts anyhow. 

I don't see anything wrong with getting exactly what you want, though. 

DS 09.11.10
  • Options
    Usually he just takes me shopping and lets me pick out what I want. Then he takes the kids shopping and buys me a little something from them that is wrapped under the tree.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

It is funny- my DH is utterly clueless about gifts for me. He always buys me something from the same store (and if i divulged where- I would get a lot of ooooh poor you, stacy (sarcastic) comments) and it is hard to complain. But if he didn't buy something there-- it would be really umm interesting to say the least. My DH isn't one to think out of the box- he finds what works and sticks with it. lol. Needless to say he is far from surprising. He buys me really nice stuff- i can't complain but he is VERY predictable.

I did mention to him the other day that I wanted PJs ~ not necessarily for Christmas- in general. And he called me the other day (Black Friday) from the mall asking me if i wanted penquins on them. See what i mean about utterly clueless? This was also the man that bought me STOCK for our 1yr wedding anniversary because it was 'paper' (traditional gift). STOCK. in pixar. (I don't even like pixar... particularly) He is really funny when it comes with gifts.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

DH and I make lists of all the things we want. Then we pick from there what we are going to get eachother and then pass the list to my parents who always ask for it so they know what to get us.

This year DH and I both wanted 1main thing and they happened to both be on sale at the same time for a real good deal. Since we do not have seperate accounts, we told eachother what we were getting and we ordered them together. We each bought eachother a few other smaller gifts that will be a surprise on Christmas morning.

• Options
    He gets what I ask for and then goes hog wild with other stuff a combo from him and from the kids. He's an awesome guy and is very good at showing me he appreciates me.
    Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    We are not romantic at all.  My h wants some computer thing and I want some new e-books for my reader...he is going to go buy the thing he wants and I will pick a giftcard for b&n.  I'll wrap em up and we will open them with the boys christmas morning.  We kind of suck, but I am okay with it.
  • Options
    The "big" gifts we tell each other exactly what we want )for example, this year I am getting a dslr camera. I am doing all the research and will tell him exactly what I want. But, I still make him war it!) We usually do a few small items that are surprises, and stocking stuff, but other than that I tell him what I want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"