Parenting after 35

I am going to strangle hubby when I get home

He did not tell me that Michael had separation anxiety yesterday when he dropped him off at daycare.  I walked in today and expected Michael to smile at Mobey (the owner) and lunge at her.  He took one look at her, his face turned red and he started to cry a cry I have never heard before.  He was not hungry or hurt or angry.  It was the "I have lost my best friend" cry.  The sweet thing was he snuggled up to her, put his head on her shoulder for comfort and cried.  So, he was sad to see Mommy go but is secure in his relationship with her to get comfort from her. 

I hope that this does not go on for very long. 

(because he did not tell me, I am going to insist that he take Michael to get his 6 month shots.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I am going to strangle hubby when I get home

• I hate to tell you this but it'll cycle on and off until about 2.5-3.  DD would periodically go through phases.  The worst was around 17 mos (so I'm expecting it to hit DS any day now).

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• imagePesky:
    I hate to tell you this but it'll cycle on and off until about 2.5-3.  DD would periodically go through phases.  The worst was around 17 mos (so I'm expecting it to hit DS any day now).

Crap.

And Vanverth, ITA about having DH take Michael to get his shots as payback ;)

• Loading the player...
  • imagestever:

imagePesky:
    I hate to tell you this but it'll cycle on and off until about 2.5-3.  DD would periodically go through phases.  The worst was around 17 mos (so I'm expecting it to hit DS any day now).

Crap.

Ditto both comments. Maddie is 18 months and this is probably as bad as it's been. She wants mommy all.the.time! Flattering and sweet, but exhausting.

• Awww....that must have been hard for you Sad Not a way to start the day.

Delaney has been going to Miss Bev's since almost 3 months and has a wonderful bond with her - so there haven't been any incidents at DC.  BUT - at home if I leave her in one room and go into another room, she will often follow me or start crying. 

• DS has recently begun a new round of this, probably because I've been ridiculously busy at work and so I've had to work all of my hours and then some.

6 month shots sound like a good idea.  

But if you decide to strangle him anyway and need someone to help hold him down, just give me a holler. 

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where do you live in WV? I live in Colo, but my MIL lives in WV.

Edited to add, she lives in Elkins

• imagechoirgirl:

BTW, I've been meaning to ask, where do you live in WV? I live in Colo, but my MIL lives in WV.

Edited to add, she lives in Elkins

She lives near the middle of the state, right in the middle of ski country. 

I live in Ravenswood which is in the Mid-Ohio Valley.  I live on the Ohio river on the western edge of the state.  I am about 4 hours from Elkins and there is no straight shot from here to there. 

• I think it's good that your DH didn't tell you, why would he want to worry you, there's nothing you can do about it anyway!  At least Michael has a DCP he loves and trusts, that's huge!  From now on just have your DH do the drop-off and you do pickups.  Everyone is right, they go through phases of separation anxiety unfortunately.  But it sounds like he is in a great daycare and that will make it so much easier during the phases.  I'm sure he stopped crying as soon as you left anyway, they like to ham it up for mom!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemtnrider:
    From now on just have your DH do the drop-off and you do pickups. 

I would love to do that but Tim drives a pick'um up truck with only a front seat.  No place to put the car seat so I get to do most of the pick up and drop off unless I drive the truck which gets crappy mileage.

• imagevanverth:

She lives near the middle of the state, right in the middle of ski country. 

I live in Ravenswood which is in the Mid-Ohio Valley.  I live on the Ohio river on the western edge of the state.  I am about 4 hours from Elkins and there is no straight shot from here to there. 

Right, yup, in the mountains. We have a camp/cabin in the middle of the nat'l forest.  

We've gone there on a different route through your neck of the woods, though.  My mom lives in St Louis, and if we don't fly to DC and drive to Elkins, we drive to her place first and sometimes we just stick with 64 to Charleston and then up 79 and over, and one time we had to go somewhere in Ohio on the way and came through the mid-ohio valley, over the ohio river. It's really pretty there.  

• imageDaisiesinmygarden:
    imagestever:

imagePesky:

Crap.

Ditto both comments. Maddie is 18 months and this is probably as bad as it's been. She wants mommy all.the.time! Flattering and sweet, but exhausting.

Another ditto, DH should definitely have to deal with the shot fallout.

And yes, it was right around the 18 month mark that I started having sciatic nerve pain so bad I went to urgent care twice.  The cause (besides extra weight)?  Always carrying Keira around on my left hip (the pain was only on that side).  She would not let me put her down.  She insisted on me, and only me, carrying her around all the time.

And now we're back in another "mommy" phase again.  I swear, sometimes it's like our kids want to climb back in our stomachs. 

• Ugh - separation anxiety sucks.  Matt now has a complete meltdown when either of us leaves the room.
  • imagevanverth:

imagemtnrider:
    From now on just have your DH do the drop-off and you do pickups. 

I would love to do that but Tim drives a pick'um up truck with only a front seat.  No place to put the car seat so I get to do most of the pick up and drop off unless I drive the truck which gets crappy mileage.

Well I don't know about WV but in CA it's legal to put the carseat in the front seat of a truck if there are no back seats and if the airbag is disabled but of course it's not as safe as the back seat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"