Stay at Home Moms
Options

Holiday Shopping: how are you doing?

I'm doing pretty good.  I really just have my littlest sister left and a little something for my sister's FI and my brother's GF.

How are you guys doing with your shopping?  Anyone not start yet?

Re: Holiday Shopping: how are you doing?

• Options
    I only have a few gifts bought, but know what I am pretty much getting everyone.
  • Options

We're only buying for the kids.. making cookies, etc for others.  We're going to do everything next weekend.  It's been a crazy couple of months so we're not going nuts. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

About half way there. I'll finish when dh gets paid next week. Then the baking frenzy will begin.

Kevin & Traci May 11, 2006 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

besides DH i am completely done.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Our kids are the only ones we are buying for and my lovely DH always waits till the last min. but we know what they are getting anyway so it'll be easy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm done and have been done for about two weeks (that never happens).  I did not want to get into a budget crunch this years, so I started early.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I finished shopping for my elfster gift exchange, but that's it.  It can be said that in reality, I have not started yet.  I actually lost my wallet last week so am waiting on replacement credit cards in order to get my shopping underway.  I'm so stressed about it!

ETA: My license was obviously in my wallet that was lost so I can't drive anywhere to shop with cash!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I am about 75% complete.  For the remaining gifts, I know what I want to buy, I just have to go out and buy them !
  • Options
    I am about 75% finished. I still need to get my mom and my sister a gift, order my grandpa's personalized shirt, and get DS's big Santa gift and stocking stuffers. My mom wants the movie "Eclipse" and it doesn't come out until Dec 4th so I am waiting on that.  I also have to buy her a birthday present as her birthday is Christmas Eve.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am all done except for the baking part that I am doing for 4 of my neighbors :) I think I did half my shopping online this year and half on black friday. I finished wrapping yesterday and put them all in my closet. Still debating if I am going to put some out early or not under the tree
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Completely done shopping for DS except for stocking stuffers.  Also have picked up gifts for my nephew and DH's two young nephews.  

Still have everyone left but I pretty much know what I'm getting for everyone, except for DH.  I always start early but then finish up just under the wire.  Last year, I went to Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve for a Blu-Ray Player.  MAN, it was a good deal, though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I still need stocking stuffers, but DH has been working 12's the last 4 nights, so I haven't gotten a chance to get away from the kiddos. 

Last night I made my list on what things I want to eat around Christmas.  I still need to buy all that food, plus baking items for cookies that we're giving out.  Then I want to get my DH and his brother cards and gift cards.  

I mean, the big stuff is taken care of, but there is still a LOT of little stuff left.  At least I don't have to worry about any of it not being available though because it's the *hottest item* for gifts or anything, lol.  

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options
    I am actually doing better than year than previous years.  I'm a little over halfway done.  The rest are for family we draw names for and I'm waiting for lists.  As long as I'm done before Christmas Eve, I'm happy:)
    DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a vague idea what I'm doing for everyone this year, except my DH. I'm DIYing my Christmas gifts for almost everyone though. 
    DS 09.11.10
  • Options

I have the kids' stockings done and a few odds and ends that I have got them so far.  Other than that, I haven't started yet.  DD's birthday was this weekend so I was focused on that and will start on Christmas shopping now.  I usually do a couple big trips to get most of it done so I think I will be fine and I would like to be done at least 1 week before Christmas.

Before kids I used to be done xmas shopping in early December!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm done other than stocking stuffers.  I still need to get birthday presents for DD1, but I plan to order them this week.  Otherwise I just need to finish sewing 2 quilts and I'm done!
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options

This year is like a record for me.  I am more than halfway done and know exactly what I am getting for the other half.  I even bought wrapping paper already and am starting my Christmas cards in the next couple days.  I even have stamps already lol

It is also a nice mix of online and in-store shopping.  I just can't do everything online, I like being in the stores - as long as it's not a weekend ha ha

Now we just need to get all our decorations out of storage - hopefully this weekend!

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Options

I haven't even started to buy things yet but that's normal for us because I normally wait until AFTER we get into Texas so I can avoid all the shipping costs and worry over arriving late/broken/wrong item, etc.

I do have my lists of what I'm purchasing though!  :)

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"