Parenting after 35
Options

I guess I am just never happy

because making decent money is still not worth time away from my babies. My house is constantly a mess (dirty even! ick!) and the kids are constantly clingy and whiny when they see me. Ari's forward progression is regressing. I hate that money is a necessity. I also hate that I have zero time for myself. I cannot even go to work out or any lessons b/c I cannot bring myself to leave without the kids who have become so needy. Sigh. Being a grown up blows.

Re: I guess I am just never happy

• Options
    Agreed - life was much simpler at 8. I think all working moms struggle to find that balance. Just remember that quality of time with the kids is just as important as quantity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was just telling my mom yesterday about how I wish I had more time during the weekdays to do stuff with DS or stuff around the house when I get home from work.  Just one kid takes up a lot of time so I can't imagine 3 (I think that's how many you have).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMarried2003:
    I was just telling my mom yesterday about how I wish I had more time during the weekdays to do stuff with DS or stuff around the house when I get home from work.  Just one kid takes up a lot of time so I can't imagine 3 (I think that's how many you have).

This!  You moms of 3 must have super powers!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Yup. Sometimes it really does. I'm sorry to hear about Ari regressing.

Can James and the older kids help out a bit more around the house?

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Options

I don't care what anybody says - there is nothing harder than being a working mother. My me-time is my commute. Nothing says relaxation and revitalization like bumper to bumper traffic.

I'm sorry to hear about Ari's regression. Hang in there, everyone will adapt to the new normal. 

• Options

I hear you.  I am so freaking tired of doing everything!  I really enjoyed and needed this past 4 day weekend to just hang with the kids.  I wish I could do that every weekend, or heck, even once a month would be soooooo nice.

ETA - I would also suggest if you can afford it, hire a housekeeper.  I used to have one that came over every other week, and OMG it was heaven.  Now that I have moved and funds are a bit tighter, she doesn't come anymore.  I MISS HER! Crying

• Options

I so agree - I wish we could all win the lottery so that money wasn't an issue.  I've practically given up on my house and am coming to grips with it being a disaster area.  I'm sorry to hear about Ari - keeping my fingers crosses that he gets back on track.

Many kudos to you all with several kids - I don't know how you do it.

• Options

I second what Shelley said.    It's not all that expensive to hire a housekeeper every other week or so, and it makes a world of difference in what you can do with your so-called spare time.  Think of the hours you get back and can spend with the kids!

And if James balks at the idea, maybe that'd be a hint for him and the older kids to help out more!!  Double-bonus!

• Options

I agree. I had to cancel my gym membership when A was born and I still haven't started it again. My plan is to go in January when I start my PT job. A will be old enough to go to the gym's childcare for an hour or two.

It's tough to work outside the home when you have kids, there's absolutely no time for yourself and it blows. Maybe you can get a nanny once a month and go get a massage or something? Or go on a date with your honey? Those breaks are so necessary, I find that I start to get really cranky if I haven't had time for myself in a while.

Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
  • Options
    Sorry Kandie. Left Hug
  • Options
    Nothin' but *love* here!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

YGPM. I had to recycle an old PM because the bump wouldn't let me start a new one.

• Options
    This is the start of week three back to work and Ellie in daycare and I hear you!  Ugh.
  • Options
    Hopefully the kids will get used to you working and they will not be so clingy when they see you.  It is probably just a tough transition for now.
  • Options
    imagemtnrider:

imageMarried2003:

This!  You moms of 3 must have super powers!

Actually I have FIVE children!  One is in college, but his hands are still in my wallet from 7 hours away! lol!

• Options
    imageYaraC:

I don't care what anybody says - there is nothing harder than being a working mother. My me-time is my commute. Nothing says relaxation and revitalization like bumper to bumper traffic.

I'm sorry to hear about Ari's regression. Hang in there, everyone will adapt to the new normal. 

Ha ha, I would actually mean that seriously, that's when I get to listen to my audiobooks.

Kandie, hope everything gets better.  ((HUGS))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"