February 2011 Moms
Options

just woke up to vomit in my sink. dh in trouble. vent.

Seriously?!!  He went out to 'jam' with his old band, came home at about 2:15.  I always wake up when he comes in and of course I had to pee.  So I get up and lay back down without him saying a word- first clue he was wasted.  Then he came and laid down for about 3 minutes before going to the bathroom and puking.  I assumed he was puking in the f*cking TOILET.  So I was immediately pissed that he drank enough to make himself puke, especially since it's only happened ONCE since I've known him.  Pregnant wife at home, let's just get obliterated.  Great idea.  THEN I couldn't fall back asleep cause my stomach hurt because I hadn't slept long enough for my PNV to be out of my stomach (I can't take it during the day), so I thought maybe I should eat something.  So I ate some cereal and went to the bathroom again to discover the f*cking puke in my SINK.  Is that what a pregnant lady wants to wake up to when she feels like sh*t anyhow????  I cleaned most of it up, but I started gagging, so I just sprayed a bunch of cleaner on it and he can finish in the morning.  Of course I'll be up about 4 hours before him so that'll be fun to deal with in the morning again.  I feel like I'm 20 years old and I'm at my bf's house after we had a party and some random person threw up in the damn sink.  

So now it's almost 4am and I am sitting here with such bad heartburn/stomach cramps that I can't even breathe normally.  I know I won't be able to sleep for awhile, and when I do, I'm going to sleep on the couch.  I don't even want to lay next to his drunk ass in bed.  Of course, in the morning, he'll play it off like he only had a few beers and ate something bad. But then he probably won't even REMEMBER puking in the sink, which will give him away.  He doesn't usually do stupid sh*t like this and I am soooooo annoyed.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: just woke up to vomit in my sink. dh in trouble. vent.

• Options

Hi myszko - this is definitely NOT what a pregnant wife likes to wake up to in the middle of the night.

I'm glad you left some puke in the sink, it's always better to let them clean it up the next morning so that they can really fathom what they did.

But I will say to keep it in perspective... he didn't do anything obnoxious to you while drunk (like wake you up, disrespect you, etc.), and you say he's only done it once before, in the whole time you have known him. Honestly, everyone has a little too much once in a while. He'll probably feel like an idiot tomorrow. Maybe his old band was toasting him with "father-to-be" stuff and that's why he overdid it. Really not a big deal in the grand scheme of things... take some Maalox, put a cold washcloth on your forehead, and get a couple more hours of sleep, I'm sure you'll feel better afterward! :)

Love one another, but make not a bond of love: Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Kahlil Gibran

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Fruit Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Not the same thing at all, but I woke up to a few piles of cat puke on the kitchen floor.  So at least you aren't alone!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I slept and my stomach doesn't hurt anymore, so I'm feeling better about it.  Just would have been nice for him to hit the toilet instead of the sink!!
  • Options

If it's any consolation, my DH is incapable of puking in the toilet. I'm not kidding. If he feels sick, regardless of why (drinking, bad food, etc.), he lays in bed or on the couch with a small trashcan. I can't stand it. I understand sometimes not being able to make it so having it there is ok, but at least attempt making it to the toilet. Nope, this is how he's always done it and refuses to attempt it. Thanks MIL.

Edit: He does clean it himself afterwards, though. If he's not going to get up to puke, I'm not cleaning it.

• Options
    I would not have cleaned it up at all. When my DH leaves a huge nasty crap in the toilet, I close the lid and use another toilet all day and let HIM flush it, then clean it. That's fricken nasty. No, no, no, no. I don't care what he did, there's no way I will ever, pregnant or unpregnant, clean up his puke or poop in the toilet or sink. NO.
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    My husband did the puke in the sink thing once.  It required a 5 gallon bucket and two bottles of drano to get the drain cleared finally.  He hasn't repeated the incident since thank goodness.  Personally, I would have left the mess for him to deal with, you are a better woman than me!  So sorry you had to deal with this nonsense, but at least like you said it's not his usual MO.  I'm thinking like the PP, it was a one time blow off steam and stress kind of slip.  Doesn't however, make it any less craptastic for you.  Big hugs!
  • Options

I would have flipped. Although, if I smell or see vomit I start automatically gagging and it is not a pretty sight.

That is one of those situations that at the moment you are so livid and then as time goes on you cool off about it and then you just call your DH a dumbass and move on :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"