Single Parents
Options

Soooooooooooo sick of money!

I'm not looking for sympathies, or I'm sorries....I just need to write it out because it's REALLY bothering me and making me depressed.

I'm sick of money. I bust my butt and still don't make ends meet.

I work FT, go to school FT and take care of DS FT......I get child support from DBbut it barely covers his expenses. I think I have about $30/month leftover after paying daycare and that barely covers diapers for home and daycare. If DB didn't have income garnishment for support he wouldn't pay because "heaven forbid I have to do that" and I would be even more strapped on things...(ds wouldn't be able to be in daycare because I just couldn't afford it)

It's not like I live extravagantly, because I don't. My only "fun" thing is my internet, which really isn't all that fun because I go to school online only. (Thank.god for SP and another photography board I am on, or I would go crazy!)

My car is falling apart. I put in plugs/wires 2 months ago, just had to put in a new alternator last week and now (again) something else is wrong....
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
d90
50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop

Re: Soooooooooooo sick of money!

• Options

How about an "I hear ya" and a "you are validated!" instead of "I'm sorry" or "this too shall pass"

While it will get better eventually that doesn't help right now.  Right now you (and I) would like to get 1 month off.  1 month off from all expenses and money BLEEDING out of the bank account it was so laughably deposited in thinking it might stay there long enough to receive interest.

I feel you  and we'll muddle through.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesweetie0228:

How about an "I hear ya" and a "you are validated!" instead of "I'm sorry" or "this too shall pass"

While it will get better eventually that doesn't help right now.  Right now you (and I) would like to get 1 month off.  1 month off from all expenses and money BLEEDING out of the bank account it was so laughably deposited in thinking it might stay there long enough to receive interest.

I feel you  and we'll muddle through.

exactly. *high five* I could use a month off.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I seriously marvel at the strength of us SPs every.single.day.  Most of us have been wronged, in one way or another (or in MANY, MANY ways) by our X's.  We raise our children and are wonderful mothers, but we get little to no help.  No one is there when the baby is inconsolable and we don't know what to do.  No one is with us to share in the special moments of witnessing every "first" that our children go through.  It is tough.

And on top of all of that, we have to scrimp and save and squeak by, mostly on our own means.  So we struggle physically, emotionally, and financially.

I feel ya mama and you are doing a great job.  Hang tight and remember that you are going to come out better in the end for all of this.  Love you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Amen, sister...

I am about to drop the paperwork in the mail for XH's wages to be garnished for child support.  I'll worry about what happens when he can't afford to live on his own later.

Oh, wait, I won't.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"