Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

"What are you doing mama?" x 1000 times per day

OMG. He asked me this NINE times on our 3 mile commute home today. He asks me this ALL THE TIME....even when I'm sitting right there with him playing. I know he's learning like a sponge and I know he's so curious and I KNOW that we thought he'd never talk and we're thrilled that he is. But COME ON!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "What are you doing mama?" x 1000 times per day

• Options

Haha- we've been in this phase forever.  I guess b/c I ask her 1000 times a day to help language, "Whatchya doin', Alex?" 

At this point I answer her with 1) Some outlandish crazy thing "I'm making tea" while I'm driving.  This is a great diversion.  Or I 2) say "I'm driving.  Ask me a question about that.  Where..." to prompt her to ask where I'm going or anything more appropriate.  The better mood I'm in, the more likely Iam to humor her and answer her.

• Options
    Yep, all the time over here too. It drives me bonkers. I answer her every time but it gets annoying when I've been asked about 50x's by noon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ahha.  Today DH went into the basement to look for the Fisher Price nativity set - Griffin saw it in a magazine and wanted to play with the one we have.... DH was searching forever down there - and Griffin kept yelling to him "are you still looking?" ... over and over... probably ever 45 seconds... i was cracking up b/c i knew it was making him insane ;)
  • Options

Same here! 
    He goes to me and ask it, then goes to DH and ask it. 
    After we answer, the "Why's" start. "Why, mama?" "Why?"

It's really cute, but sometimes, it's a little too much. Ahhh...the joys of 2.5 year olds! ; )

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageeesome:

Sean hasn't started with the "Why?" yet....but I KNOW that's coming next :)

• Options
    imageeesome:

Same here! 
    He goes to me and ask it, then goes to DH and ask it. 

It's really cute, but sometimes, it's a little too much. Ahhh...the joys of 2.5 year olds! ; )

This!

And after we answer the Why questions, then he starts the repeating of the answer a thousand times thing. "The squirrel ate the nut mommy?" Yes. "The squirrel ate the nut mommy?" Yes. "The squirrel?." after the 5th time I tune out and answer it completely backwards! "Yes honey, the nut ate the squirrel"  lol. 

• Options

no why's yet - but everything is "what's that?"  "what's that?"  I'm still pretty charmed by it, but I can see how it would get old!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm starting to think this phase will never end. DD & SS do this all day with the occasional why or what is that thrown in.  I've gotten to the point now where I turn the questions around on them.

• Options
    Ha! DD's is "What you doin'?"  Over & over.
  • Options

We are in that stage too. It can be hard to answer the questions over and over. But I really try to not let it annoy me. =)

He has about 10 questions he asks and we go through the laundry list of family and friends with every question.

I think back to my friend who told me when DS1 was about 5 months old. That we are in such a hurry for our babies to learn to walk and talk and we will spend the rest of our lives telling them to sit down and shut up. =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"