Cloth Diapering
Options

Upset about ebay purchase (kissaluvs)

I know you should not count on ebay for great diaper purchases but I really thought I was getting a great deal! Seller said she bought kissaluvs but they were not right for her baby so they were only washed. The diapers were stated as the hemp version but hemp is not listed in the content and they are not soft at all. There are no stains but they feel like they were well used. I bought 11 natural and 6 colored from this seller. The 6 colored are much softer. I am so sad. I thought I was done with my nb stash.
Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Upset about ebay purchase (kissaluvs)

• Options
    Can you file a complaint since she said they were hemp and they are not?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no!  Do you think they'd soften up if you washed them and threw them in the dryer?
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options

that is awful!!!

your ds is GORGEOUS!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageuluvfranke:

that is awful!!!

your ds is GORGEOUS!

Thank you!!!

Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    They are in the dryer now. I sent her a message. She had 100% positive feedback. Hemp diapers should say hemp in the content label right?
  • Options
    I would think the content label would say hemp.  However, I find my hemp inserts can get pretty crunchy if lined dried and really aren't as soft as other fabrics we have in our stash.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Ugh I dread that. I try to buy things described as very soft b/c I'm so scared of getting crunchy scratchy fluff. But apparently people can write anything.

That's just wrong :( Maybe email and tell her about it?

ETA: oh I see you already message her

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageAMYRENEE27:
    They are in the dryer now. I sent her a message. She had 100% positive feedback. Hemp diapers should say hemp in the content label right?

I would think it would say hemp.  I just looked at all of my KL0s and while none of them say hemp, the natural one is much rougher than the colored ones I have (all used).

imageimage

• Options
    I had an organic KL0 and it said hemp on it. They also did get a little crunchy. Worked great, but my KLs were not particularly pretty.
    imageimage

• Options
    All of my KL0s are crunchy and none of them are organic or hemp. I also don't have the natural.   I do notice in my doublers there is a difference in the softness of the colors and the natural though.  My size 1s are still soft but they've only been prepped. Since they get crunchier with use, I'd say it does sound like they were used and not just washed as she said.   That sucks.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options
    KL0s don't stay soft at all.   They get crunchy pretty quick.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options

They might not be super soft...but I did find that they were super absorbent and performed really well for us, especially at night. DD didn't seem to mind them at all...maybe give them a try still? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • Options
    I have some natural KL0s that I bought new.  I've washed them about 4 times - just to prep - and they are already crunchy feeling!  I was surprised.  Maybe that's what happened to yours?
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your imput. I relooked at the listing and she said that they had not been washed so it was a lie. I am glad they typically get crunchy and they still work well. I got them for a great deal but I just think honesty is so important.
  • Options

imageAMYRENEE27:
    Thanks everyone for your imput. I relooked at the listing and she said that they had not been washed so it was a lie. I am glad they typically get crunchy and they still work well. I got them for a great deal but I just think honesty is so important.

yeah, My KLO's that were natural colored were crunchy and the colored ones were softer. I do not think they were hemp, though. I would air dry and then throw them in the dryer for a few to soften them.

They should still work fine,  but she should give you a discount for saying they were hemp and unwashed. 

image Liam Henry: 9/5/09 Emmeline Claire: 5/23/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"