Northern California Babies
Options

Recommend your convertible car seat

At G's 4 month appt. he measured in at a whopping 27 inches. I just checked the height limit on his infant car seat and sure enough he's almost reached it (29 inches). So, I guess it's time to make the switch, any recommendations? TIA!

Re: Recommend your convertible car seat

• Options

We have the Britax Boulevard 70 in my car and the Britax Marathon 70 in DH's car. We've been happy with both and have no complaints. They are a little large but fit in our compact cars just fine (they are backwards too).

Good luck...my one tip is, find a store that will let you bring them out to the parking lot so you can see how much of your back seat they will be taking up and how forward your front seats will have to be to accomodate them. If you are anywhere near Sac, I recommend Goore's.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have a Britax Advocate and DH has a Britax Boulevard.  We like them.  When we had them inspected, the inspector said we were only like the 3rd people he'd seen have them correctly installed in 5 years of inspecting...so, make sure you read the directions very carefully!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We have the First Years True Fit and C seems very comfy in it.

She sleeps well in it too and the inner (removeable) cushion helps keep her head from falling over so far (I tried taking it out and her head was WAY over the the side - didn't look comfy when she was asleep).

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    WE have 2 britax marathons.  Like them but they're WAY too big to fit rear facing in my car.  Not sure what we'll get for Natalie.  At the rate Ryan is going, he may never outgrow the seat (well, maybe height wise but definitely not weight-wise).
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

We loved the MaxiCosi Priori, but out guy out grew it and we thought he was too young for the maxicosi booster (it doesn't have a harness).

We now have a recaro pro sport! We super puffy heart it! It fit better in our car rear facing and just fine forward. It's easy to take the cover off if you need to wash it. 

He has plenty of room, the crotch buckle has three positions which is awesome b/c his diapers were making it hard to buckle in the old seat.

Adjusting the shoulder harness is as easy at pulling a lever and pulling the handle, you don't have to un thread and re thread the straps! love that!

It also comes in non microfiber/ fuzzy seat material. I know lots of moms love it, but my little furnace would sweat too much in those seats. (it does come in fuzzy black and fuzzy beige and non fuzzy blue/black and grey).

Love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We have several Britax Diplomats and they are great for small cars (we have a Prius), although I think Britax has discontinued the line.  DD would never have hit the weight limit, but she's almost outgrown it height-wise.  Although it's a huge pain that we will now have to go to a high backed booster, we kept her rear facing until after 2, and unfortunately there's no way we could have fit one of the bigger Britax seats in my small car. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMystery2B:

She sleeps well in it too and the inner (removeable) cushion helps keep her head from falling over so far (I tried taking it out and her head was WAY over the the side - didn't look comfy when she was asleep).

If your child is tall (and it sounds like he is!), then this is a fantastic car seat if you want to keep him rearfacing to and past his first birthday.  My son was too tall for his Graco Snugride at 6 months old and we had him RF in a Roundabout until he was 12 months old and by then he'd outgrown it for RF.

We got him the First Years True Fit and it was a godsend.  The shell is really tall and allows most kids to rearface safely for a long long time.  We turned DS forward facing in August, when he was 25 months old even though he had room left by height, he was nearing the weight limit for rearfacing.

• Options
    imagefutrkingsley:
    imageMystery2B:

If your child is tall (and it sounds like he is!), then this is a fantastic car seat if you want to keep him rearfacing to and past his first birthday.  My son was too tall for his Graco Snugride at 6 months old and we had him RF in a Roundabout until he was 12 months old and by then he'd outgrown it for RF.

We got him the First Years True Fit and it was a godsend.  The shell is really tall and allows most kids to rearface safely for a long long time.  We turned DS forward facing in August, when he was 25 months old even though he had room left by height, he was nearing the weight limit for rearfacing.

Thanks for this. I didn't even think about him growing out of the convertible. I would love to keep him rear-facing as long as possible. So far he's nowhere near the weight limit for his seat, I think the max is 22lbs and he's just under 15lbs. I guess it will be the height limits giving us problems. :)

• Options
    imageAnyaBella:
    imagefutrkingsley:
    imageMystery2B:

Thanks for this. I didn't even think about him growing out of the convertible. I would love to keep him rear-facing as long as possible. So far he's nowhere near the weight limit for his seat, I think the max is 22lbs and he's just under 15lbs. I guess it will be the height limits giving us problems. :)

Also with this seat you don't have to rethread the straps to wash the seat cover which is nice. Only downside to it is that adjusting the straps RF is a hassle, so I just get it to the right spot and leave it there (only DH loosens it...then makes me retighten it!)

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"