Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

XP: Please come in if you fell while preg

So, I fell today and landed on my butt.  It was hours ago and I haven't had any bleeding but now I'm starting to have a few random stomach pains--but I have fibroids and random stomach pains from them.  DH is on a 24 hr shift so taking a 15 month old (it's her bedtime in about 2 mins) to the ER by myself for however many hours it would take is not an option.  My dr doesn't have an emergency line so if you all tell me that you fell and everything is OK, then I can relax and be OK until I can call the dr in the morning.  This is my 4th pg, so I know what contrax feel like and I'm not having them, I've just never fallen before so I'm a little nervous.

Re: XP: Please come in if you fell while preg

• Options

Your dr doesn't have an emergency line?! That's terrible! I would be very tempted to switch docs because of that.

I did fall while pg; was just coming back from getting the mail and randomly tripped and fell on my hands and knees (and slightly on my stomach, iirc). I called in and they asked me a bunch of questions and said it sounded like I was OK but to come in if I noticed XYZ. Is there anyone who could come stay with your LO so you could put her in bed and go to urgent care just to be safe?

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    I fell flat on my stomach when I was at the end of 1st tri. I was running up an escalator to catch a train to work and tripped at the top and fell on the cement. I was totally fine. No bleeding, no cramping. I did freak out (turned around and walked back home to call my ob). I did go in to the doctor that day just to be checked out, all was well. The doc said the baby is so small and so cushioned in there, that there was really nothing to worry about. I'm sure you're ok, but call the ob in the morning if you're still worried.
    TTC #1 since 6/08. Cycle #6 - BFP 12/22/08, EDD 9/3/09, DD 8/14/09 at 37w1d
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 since 6/11
    me=36 - low AMH, DH=38
    BFP #2 - 8/31/11, EDD 5/10/12, M/C 9/23/11
    BFP #3 - 3/4/12, EDD 11/14/12, CP 3/11/12
    BFP #4 - 5/9/12, EDD 1/19/13, CP 5/11/12
    BFP #5 - 8/22/12, EDD 5/5/13, CP 8/24/12
    IVF#1 - January 2013 - EPP/Antagonist - 7R, 3M, 2F, 3dt of 2 8-cell embies
    BFP #6 - 2/3/13, EDD 10/15/13, DS 9/18/13 at 36w1d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemacchiatto:

Your dr doesn't have an emergency line?! That's terrible! I would be very tempted to switch docs because of that.

I did fall while pg; was just coming back from getting the mail and randomly tripped and fell on my hands and knees (and slightly on my stomach, iirc). I called in and they asked me a bunch of questions and said it sounded like I was OK but to come in if I noticed XYZ. Is there anyone who could come stay with your LO so you could put her in bed and go to urgent care just to be safe?

Our family is all over an hour and a half away so not really.  Mr dr doesn't have an emergency line because she is the only dr in the practice.  If you have any issues, you automatically go to the ER and they call her.  But the ER is 30 mins away.  I've checked the symptoms on the google machine and I don't have any. 

• Options

I tripped over my own girth and fell on my side/hip. Everything turned out ok, but I did go to the hospital for evaluation.

I really was not nervous, to be honest. If we can speak frankly here, I went because I was at work and it was 2pm. Which, in retrospect sucked because I didn't leave the ER until 10pm (standard protocol). Karma. 

Had I fallen on my belly, I would have been more concerned. 

• Options
    I fell on my butt hard when I was about 12 weeks while shoveling. Yea, I was worried, but my research told me that he was okay in there since he was still pretty small and cushioned in there.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options
    I fell off the hay stack ar 14 weeks and landed on my butt and was ok and I got out of feeding the cows for the rest of the pregnancy
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• Options
    I felll on my butt with my last pregnancy when I was about 6 months pregnant.  Aside from a GIANT tender bruise on my butt I didn't have any other issues.  I actually didn't even call the doctor.  I would have it I had had some symptoms (contractions of bleeding or something).  I would just try to relax and call the doc in the morning as long as you aren't having any symptoms.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I fell and I was okay. You should still maybe call one of those 24 hour medical hotlines (google it to see if your area has one) just to get reassurance from an actual professional.

When I was PG with DS I tripped and fell ON MY STOMACH. It was horrible and it hurt and I was freaked out, but DS was just fine and came out perfect :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Keshias Birthday 2012 046edit
  • Options

I did. I ended up in the ER though because it happened at work and I injured my foot. All was fine with baby though. Does your insurance company have a nurse line you could call?

Also, I higly recommend finding a doctor with an emergency line. I'd even switch mid pregnancy for that - there is not excuse for that IMO. GL!

• Options
    I fell down a few steps while on the way to my basement.  I think I was at the end of my 1st tri or maybe beginning of 2nd tri.  I didn't have any symptoms so I didn't even call the dr.  I did spend some time Googling "fall while pregnant" to reassure myself.  Also I think I posted something here on the Bump and got some reassurance.  The baby is very cushioned and protected.  A major car accident would cause some alarm but a fall is usually not going to be a danger.  Call your OB in the AM though to ease your mind. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i fell somewhere between 16 and 20 wks preg.  during sleep i rolled right out of bed, and it's elevated.  didn't even remember until the next day when i commented on my back hurting and DH said, you don't remember- you fell out of bed last night.  didn't bother the doc and at my next follow up they said everything was fine- baby is very well cushioned in there!
  • Options

I fell face forward at work (tripped over a cord) and turned a little bit to the side to break my fall.  I ended up going in just to be safe.  Dr. said that everything was just fine and that babies are really safe in our bellies.  There is such a thick protection in there to keep them safe in case of these events.  She even said that she fell when she was pregnant right in front of the hospital going to work - she tripped on ice.  Seems like everyone does it.  I remember my mom telling me that she fell down the stairs when pregnant with my brother and everything turned out okay.

I'm not sure how far along you are, but if you are far enough along maybe just lay on your left side and drink some juice to try to get the baby kicking and moving around for your own reassurance?

• Options
    When I was about 6 months along I sat in a hammock and it broke, and I landed hard on my butt. I had a bit of pain, and some light bleeding. He stopped moving for about a half hour and I was really worried. I ended up in L&D for a check-up and he ended up being just fine. It was terrifying though. Hope all turns out well. Keep us updated.
  • Options
    When I was 4 weeks away from my due date I slipped and fell while gettng out of the tub on my belly! I fell so hard that it knocked the wind right out of me. I just remember bursting into tears because I thought I harmed my baby! I called the hospital (it was at 10:30 pm) and they just told me if I start having pains or bleeding to come on in. Nothing happened and my ds was born healthy!
  • Options
    I fell at work because there wasn't a "Wet Floor" sign up. I fell on my hands and knees. My OB had me go in for a non-stress test. I was hooked up for 45 minutes, everything looked great and they sent me home :)
    DD 12/1/2009
    TTC#2 Since May 2012
    Dx PCOS February 2013 on Metformin 1500 mg
    Met with RE October 2013, we've got a plan!
    Surprise BFP on "break cycle" 10/12/13. EDD 6/17/14.
    MMC discovered 11/25/13 at 10 weeks. D&C 11/27/13.
    BFP 2/8/14 Beta#1: 176, Prog 18! Beta#2:335, Prog, 19.5!
    EDD 10/16/2014

• Options
    I fell down the stairs when I was 20 weeks along.  Just a few steps, but I wrenched my arm trying to hold myself up and fell on my butt.  I was ok, but if you're feeling any pains, I'd go to get checked out as soon as you can.  Most likely you just pulled some stomach muscles, but it's best to be safe.
  • Options

I fell three times when I was pregnant with my son.

At about 25 weeks, I fell by tripping over my daughter's baby gate.  I landed on my hands and knees hard.  My OB sent me to L&D to get monitored.  Everything was fine.  I was sore, but there was no bleeding.

At about 30 weeks, I fell tripping over one of my daughter's toys.  Same thing.

The worst fall was at about 34 weeks.  I had left a footstool in the middle of my daughter's bedroom and the light was off (as usual).  I forgot the stool was there and tripped over it while holding DD.  I hit my pelvis on the corner of the stool, my knee on the edge, and landed on my belly.  The OB did the same thing again and had me come in for a follow up since I hit my belly.  Everything was fine.  That one, I was really sore for.  

I'm sure you're fine, but I'd call your OB just to make sure.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"