Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Baby bedding-Is is really worth the $$$???

Hey fellow bumbies,

I've been looking around (really only on the BRU website)  and only found one bedding set that I really love.  It actually just went on sale from $180 to $144 which is awesome and is swaying my mind some.  Do you ladies think its worth it to buy bedding that expensive when the kid is only gonna be using it for a couple of years.  The thing is it has to be purple, but not too old lady-ish. 

Where are you all getting your bedding from??

TIA!

PS- I just love how they hike up prices for people who are having children.  A whole king size bedding set is a hell of a lot cheaper.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Baby bedding-Is is really worth the $$$???

• Options

The bedding sets are totally not worth it.  You can't use the huge blanket that comes with it and most people don't use the bumper.  It is cheaper to just buy the items (sheets& crib skirt) separately.

I totally agree with you about how much $$$ they charge for baby bedding!  It is a little ridiculous. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

Sorry forgot to tell you about the set I want.  Its 6-pieces, you get a comforter(which I don't really need), sheet, bumber, bed skirt, window valance and diaper stacker(not needed).

• Loading the player...
  • Options

no not worth it, half the crap you can't use anyways. Honestly, when are they going to use the quilt?

I didn't buy a set, I bought a few fitted sheets, a bumper, and a crib skirt. 

I would skip a set and just buy the basics. 

nowadays, people think you shouldn't use bumpers, unless it's breathable ones anyways.

i would save your money.

• Options
    The set you picked is beautiful.  Call me cheap but I saw some complete bedding sets at walmart the other day for $50 and that is what I plan on getting when the time comes.  $50 is way more that I spent on any sheet set for myslef before I got married.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't understand why they include these big blankets in the sets.  Babies are not supposed to have blankets in the crib with them.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options

I registered for a bedding set. But I wouldn't buy it myself.  So expensive!  I love, love, love the crib skirt and the crib sheet and can't by them seperatly.  I plan on using the quilt for tummy time on my hardwood floors and maybe putting one of the bumpers beside the changing pad.  DH said we will tie the other bumpers together for our cat to have her own bed. lol. 

As I mentioned I wouldn't spend my own money on it.  So if we don't get it as a shower present then I will find another solution for the crib skirt.  And really the crib sheet it going to get dirty and be in the laundry half the time anyways.  If you love it, put it on your registry.  People love buying "cute" stuff for baby.  Or at least that is what I have noticed at friends showers.

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageminniecallie:
    Yeah, I don't understand why they include these big blankets in the sets.  Babies are not supposed to have blankets in the crib with them.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
     You are totally correct.  I don't know why they include diaper stackers either!  Such a waste.  Then the mobiles (which are useful) are separate and can cost $40 or more!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

imagevigurl:
    The set you picked is beautiful.  Call me cheap but I saw some complete bedding sets at walmart the other day for $50 and that is what I plan on getting when the time comes.  $50 is way more that I spent on any sheet set for myslef before I got married.

OMG walmart is awesome just checked out their bedding,  amazed at prices.

• Options

I was actually considering buying a $200-300 bedding set and now I'm glad I didn't. You don't end up using a lot of the stuff in the "sets". I'd rather have a couple extra sheets than the comforter, diaper stacker, etc.

After searching the internet for months, we ended up finding our bedding at target.com for super cheap. The Bananafish Lily set is what we got. They sell it in two colors....you might check out the purple version, as the colors are similar to the set you found at BRU.

• Options

When it comes to bedding/decor, I'm pretty practical but I want it to look nice and coordinated.  If you find one that you love and you have the money to spend or if someone buys it for you, sure it's nice but not necessary.  We had a whole set for DS b/c we found one that we liked and my mom bought it for us.  This time around, I really never found anything that I just had to have and so instead we just went with the super soft Carters plush separates.  Just got the crib skirt, bumpers, and a sheet- total cost was less than $60 after coupons!  And it looks awesome- just as nice as DS's matching set.  So I say get what you like but don't go overboard b/c you can really make the room nice even without a fancy matching set. 

• Options
    I am ordering just what I need/want from an etsy seller (crib sheet (well 2 or 3), changing pad cover, boppy cover, plus a blanket for floor/tummy time).
    I will get a breathable bumper and I dont want something to hold diapers that is sitting out.

imageimage
  • Options
    I don't think it's worth it.  I plan on having a breathable bumper and some sheets. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

The bedding sets are not worth it.  I didn't use the bumper or the comforter.  Although I just put the comforter in DD's bed tonight for the first time b/c she sleeps with her blanket all curled up under her like a pillow so I'm going to sneak in in a few min and cover her up with her comforter to see if it helps her sleep better b/c we've been having issues with waking up during the night.

For our next LO I think I'm just going to get some sheets, dust ruffle and matching blanket.  I will probably use the breathable bumper that I used for DD.

• Options

No way!

I bought my set on PBK on clearance. I am sure I did not pay more than $100 for the 4 piece set. While I love the look of it, the quilt is on the back of the glider (to be used for tummy time or in the living room), the bumper is in the closet, unused and will remain there, and DS is sleeping in his bassinet in our room until further notice! 

I do love the crib skirt and the way the room pulls together with the quilt where it is and the sheet, but I wouldn't have paid more than what I did for his bedding. Especially sheets- he spits up and pees constantly, I have 3 sheets and waterproof pads between each in his cradle since we probably rip a sheet off nightly due to leaks from somewhere! 

• Options
    I am the other side of the fence with this one.  I myself bought a set from JCPenny totally probably around $200 for all the stuff.  Sheet, comforter, skirt, bumper, diaper stacker, and rug.  I love it because it all coordinates without being over the top (got the green and brown carters elephant set).  We use all the pieces.  The comforter is hung on the wall (we can't paint) but I would have used it on the floor for a floor blanket when she was younger.  We are still using all the pieces and she is is almost 16 months old.  We plan on upgrading her stuff this summer for a big girl room that is all retro and a brighter more girly pallete.  This set will go to our next baby when we have one.  I won't have to buy another set for a baby now, because it is gender neutral and we love elephants (our last name means keeper of the elephants, plus they are my favorite animal).  I guess it really is up too you.  I would do it though.
  • Options
    I don't think it's worth it. The blanket and bumpers are a hazard in the crib. I'm surely not going to drop all that $$ when most of the stuff can't be used. I registered for sheets and breathable bumpers. Idk if I can get a crib skirt separately, which would be nice to have, but If I can't find a crib skirt, I won't be losing any sleep over it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

No, they're not worth it, IMO. Buy the items you like separately.

For us, a set would've come with tons of things we wouldn't have used - bumper, quilt, valence, diaper stacker, mobile. Also, sets are just too matchy-matchy for my taste.

We got 3 sheets and a matching crib skirt from PBK. That's all we need.

imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"