Maryland Babies

If you want a doula but are on a budget

I rec'd this email today from a list serve that I am on and thought that I would pass the info along:

So I have been out of the birthing community for a few years. However, I was a doula for many years. I also have had 5 babies myself. I am currently working full time, but am looking to get my feet wet and back in the doula market again. I am Bradley trained. I will be able to take mid June due dates and after. I would be willing to discuss price as I need to cover my babysitter etc, but want to get some fresh experience. So if you are interested please e-mail me iluvmy5girls@gmail.com . Thanks and Blessings. I am in the Baltimore area, would be will to travel some. Shot me a line and lets talk.

Dianne

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If you want a doula but are on a budget

• How much does a doula cost? 

My friend was a doula in training so she did it for free for us, but I thought generally it was $200-300

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

How much does a doula cost? 

My friend was a doula in training so she did it for free for us, but I thought generally it was $200-300

Depends on experience. My doula charges $750, but offered a discount of $500 because of a referral, however she is very popular and has a lot of extensive experience with higher risk pregnancies. I am sure you could get a range of prices.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry but I have no idea Kathryn.  I know that the cost of doula services ranges by region but that it also depends on whether postpartum visits are included etc.  Additionally, if you hire one that has a lot of experience esp w/ VBACs or other high risk pregnancies it will prob. be more. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"