Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Need advice on nursery furniture color (PLEASE!)

LOL, so I am going with pink and white toile for the crib skirt and window treatments (we are getting a breathable bumper for the crib).  Here is the fabric we are using:

I'm not sure which color to use for the nursery furniture.  A friend of mine said to use espresso finish for the furniture, but I'm having trouble finding dressers/armoire to match the crib.  I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?  Maybe should I go with white?  I'm not that great with decorating so I could really use some advice!  TIA!

Re: Need advice on nursery furniture color (PLEASE!)

• Options
    Why not do both?  We have an espresso crib with a white dresser/nightstand.  Looks great together and I really like that it's not all matchy matchy. 

• Options

I'm confused. you are saying you can't find an espresso finished dresser? I find that hard to believe.

a lot of times, folks get hung up on minor variations in finish color. our crib is cherry finish but is indistinguishable from our espresso finish bookshelf, which sits next to a markedly different cherry finished glider. they all look great together. (i also have green furniture in the room.)

matchy matchy is boring.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would mix the woods.  Actually we are in our nursery.  We built an Arts and Crafts style house (lots of hardwood) and wood finishes should be mixed to have the best look.  Too matchy looks fake and boring.  Good luck!
  • Options
    imageAllie30:

I'm confused. you are saying you can't find an espresso finished dresser? I find that hard to believe.

a lot of times, folks get hung up on minor variations in finish color. our crib is cherry finish but is indistinguishable from our espresso finish bookshelf, which sits next to a markedly different cherry finished glider. they all look great together. (i also have green furniture in the room.)

matchy matchy is boring.

That's not what I said at all.  I just said that I was having trouble finding one in that finish that I LIKE.  But thank you for your opinion.  Smile

• Options
    I think either would look nice b/c pink and brown go really well together. I am doing lavender and white damask, so I decided to go with a white crib. (Graco - Victoria)
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options
    imagepercylover22:

That's not what I said at all.  I just said that I was having trouble finding one in that finish that I LIKE.  But thank you for your opinion.  Smile

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what you said " but I'm having trouble finding dressers/armoire to match the crib." Regardless of your reasoning, just mix and match. I'm not a matchy matchy person and prefer different colors. Our crib is espresso, our dresser will be orange, floors a reddish brown wood, and who knows what else in there. If you want them to all match just keep looking. Espresso/dk. brown seems to really be one of the most common finishes and I can't imagine not being able to find one you like in time. They're everywhere. Don't just look at nursery furniture collections if that's what you're doing.
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Options
    imagebiblionerd:
    imagepercylover22:

Actually, that's pretty much exactly what you said " but I'm having trouble finding dressers/armoire to match the crib." Regardless of your reasoning, just mix and match. I'm not a matchy matchy person and prefer different colors. Our crib is espresso, our dresser will be orange, floors a reddish brown wood, and who knows what else in there. If you want them to all match just keep looking. Espresso/dk. brown seems to really be one of the most common finishes and I can't imagine not being able to find one you like in time. They're everywhere. Don't just look at nursery furniture collections if that's what you're doing.

You are absolutely right.  After re-reading my OP, I realize that I left out that I was having trouble finding dressers that "I like".  My mistake, and I apologize for the confusion.  Next time I will do better at proofreading my posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"