Baby Showers
Options

Should I invite work people?

Hi everyone! My mom and bff are throwing me a shower. I know that my boss also mentioned throwing me a work shower. The group I mostly work with is really small and I'm pretty close to my boss and one other coworker (though not at after-work hang out level or anything). Should I invite them to my main shower? I don't want to come across as looking for multiple gifts since they are throwing me a work shower which is so sweet of them, but I also don't want to offend anyone. What do you think?
imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Should I invite work people?

• Options
    I'd say no, because you do not hang out with them outside of work.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

The director of the office I work for is throwing a little shower for me with the staff from that area.  I am not inviting her to the main shower nor anyone else from work except for those I am close with/go out with outside of work.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am a teacher and there are 3 other girls that teach in my grade level.  While one is one of my best friends, I am really close with the other two.  Even though work will throw me a mini one, I would like them at my main one.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    No, I would not invite them. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    If you are close, but not close enough to hang out after hours, then this is not the time to start to hang out after hours.  In any case, you will see them at your work shower and no one will be offended. 
  • Options

if you don't see them outside of work i would say don't invite them. having a shower at work will be just fine and they'll still be able to celebrate with you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"