North Dakota Babies
Options

And so it begins...

ILs always tell us that we are "the favorites," which always makes me extremely uncomfortable and I hate it. But I always knew that would change once we had a baby and didn't listen to every.single.suggestion MIL had.  We told them yesterday, and they were of course elated, but then it began. Here are just some awesome gems within the first hour of them knowing:

"Are you sure you should eat that? You really need to start taking better care of your body" (um. It was jello.)

"Are you hoping for a boy or a girl" "Well, we really just want a healthy baby." "Oh, well, good for you, but what do you WANT to have?" ?!?!?

"Do you have names picked out?" "Yes, we have a list of names." "Well, what are they?" "We aren't sharing until we meet the baby and decide." "Oh. Well that's not very nice" er....eff off.

"I know this is a long way out, but I just want to tell you I had long, hard labor with all 3 of my boys, but I never had drugs. You shouldn't either. Don't get an epidurmal [sic]. My friend had an epidurmal [sic] and she thought it was going to paralyze her forever. It's scary. You can't get one." Woman...don't you dare tell me how to give birth. kthx.

I'm going to have a lot of these gems throughout this whole experience. JOY!!!

married 7.3.08 - mc 8.10 - dd 6.4.11 cp 10.13 - bfp 11.13 edd 7.22.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: And so it begins...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"