High-Risk Pregnancy

Freak out!

I was scheduled for induction on Dec. 13, but since baby weighs a little over 8 lbs and could possibly get up to 10 lbs, I am now scheduled for a c-section on Dec. 7.  Kind of freaks me out.  I also have to start going to the perinatologist and ob twice a week until delivery. And my dog ate the Christmas stocking I  just made for baby.

Re: Freak out!

• LOL!  Sorry about the stocking!

Did they say why they want you to see a peri?  I went the last 5 weeks of my pg b/c I had a late loss last year.  it was nice to have the extra attention w/ the u/s's.  They will probably do NST's and/or BPP's to check on baby.

As far as the c/s is concerned.....first of all, you could still go into labor on your own before then since I assume December 7th you'll be 39w??  Secondly, c/s are not as scary as some make them out to be.  Yes it is major surgery but if you get up and moving as soon as possible and stay on top of your pain meds, recovery can be very easy.

Best of luck and let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • I am actually a regular at the peri's office, I have been going there since 13 weeks.  I didn't expect to have to increase my visits to both doctors.  The extra attention is awesome!!  My OB had not gotten a report from my peri visit the day before.  It freaked me out how he sprung into action and called the peri while I was in the office and made a plan.  And went to his office to get the notes from the endocrine's office.  The OB told me that the peri's office would call to arrange to apoointments for the next 12 days, the peri's office called before I reached the parking lot.  I will be 37 weeks on the day of the c-section, I was scheduled to be induced at 39 weeks.  The OB doesn't let diabetics go past 39 weeks and baby will be huge by then!  Thanks for the reassurance about the c-section, I am not one to lay around and wallow in pain and misery, I will get up and move.
  • Loading the player...
  • ok, that makes sense.  I didn't want to assume you were diabetic although that is what I suspected w/ the size of the baby.  I had my baby at exactly 37w and we had almost zero issues.  She just had to go to the level 2 nursery b/c her respiratory rate was a little high.  She was born at 7:45am and was in my room w/ me by 10am.  I was also able to stop in the nursery and see her when they took me from recovery to my room.

BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"