Two Under 2

Did your morning sickness change with #2?

Hello everyone. I am expecting baby #2 in late July and have an almost 1 year old DS. With DS I was sick as a dog from weeks 6-11 and am terrified of going through that again. I was curious if your sickness differed with #2? I am still nursing in the AM and before bed. I read that nursing can help ease morning sickness a bit?

Thanks so much for your contributions!

Re: Did your morning sickness change with #2?

• I don't know but there has been evidence that it helps. I barfed daily with ds1 for about 6 weeks. I continued nursing ds1 till I was 5 months pregnant with ds2 and I never threw up once. I did have some mild nausea. It's hard to say if it helps because each pregnancy is different BUT I do have my suspicions that it helped me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had nearly no m/s with this one, but I was really sick with DD.  We just weaned.  :(
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • Loading the player...
  • LO #2 must be a girl, because the 2nd time around I am worse than with DS!  I had HG with DS and it is back with a vengance!  I hope this time around your M/S is much less, but get those ginger crackers ready just in case.

PS- Love your pic!

• imagehellopoppyseed:
    I don't know but there has been evidence that it helps. I barfed daily with ds1 for about 6 weeks. I continued nursing ds1 till I was 5 months pregnant with ds2 and I never threw up once. I did have some mild nausea. It's hard to say if it helps because each pregnancy is different BUT I do have my suspicions that it helped me.

Yeah! That gives me hopeSmile

• imagechloephoebecali:
    I had nearly no m/s with this one, but I was really sick with DD.  We just weaned.  :(

That is great you have not been sick! I am sad about he thought of fully weaning DS too. I am sorry =(

• imagebacktoback2311:

LO #2 must be a girl, because the 2nd time around I am worse than with DS!  I had HG with DS and it is back with a vengance!  I hope this time around your M/S is much less, but get those ginger crackers ready just in case.

PS- Love your pic!

Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. I am going to stock up today with items that helped me get through my sickness with DS. Thanks so much!Smile

• I think it's about 10x worse for me with this one :( but I also gave up nursing about 6 weeks in so maybe that has something to do with it?? 
  • My MS sick did change with #2; it is MUCH worse now.  I got on Zofran at 19 weeks with DS and was still getting sick throughout the rest of my pregnancy if I missed a pill.  This time they doubled my Zofran dosage and I am still throwing up daily.  I think we will be "two and through'....I can't imagine doing this with two kiddos at home.  GL! 
  • This pregnancy is completely different than my first.  I puked several times a day for about 8 months straight - and lost 26 lbs. while pregnant.  This time I've only puked about 5 times and it's all been because of weird smells.  However, this time around I'm having a lot of round ligament pain - which I didn't have the first time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It wasn't near as bad with #2. The only times I felt nauseous was when I forgot to eat- that caused me to throw up once. I hadn't heard about the nursing thing, but DD was still nursing 8+ times a day at that point so that may have been a factor.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• It has been much worse this time than with DS. I weaned DS when I was about 5 weeks pregnant (but didn't know I was pregnant yet). I can't believe continuing to nurse would help since it is so hard to get any food down - requiring even more calories by producing milk sounds like worse nausea to me!
  • imageK8skates:
    I think it's about 10x worse for me with this one :( but I also gave up nursing about 6 weeks in so maybe that has something to do with it?? 
    Oh no! Hope you feel better soon
  • imageKallieandJustin:
    My MS sick did change with #2; it is MUCH worse now.  I got on Zofran at 19 weeks with DS and was still getting sick throughout the rest of my pregnancy if I missed a pill.  This time they doubled my Zofran dosage and I am still throwing up daily.  I think we will be "two and through'....I can't imagine doing this with two kiddos at home.  GL! 

Oh dear, I hope you are feeling much better asap!!!

• image:)Michelle:
    This pregnancy is completely different than my first.  I puked several times a day for about 8 months straight - and lost 26 lbs. while pregnant.  This time I've only puked about 5 times and it's all been because of weird smells.  However, this time around I'm having a lot of round ligament pain - which I didn't have the first time.

I am having some weird pain/cramping already too, I wonder if consecutive pregnancies cause more intense RLP?

• imageBrittKav:
    It wasn't near as bad with #2. The only times I felt nauseous was when I forgot to eat- that caused me to throw up once. I hadn't heard about the nursing thing, but DD was still nursing 8+ times a day at that point so that may have been a factor.

Wow! I can't imagine nursing DS that much while not feeling well-good for you! 

• imagesazzie:
    It has been much worse this time than with DS. I weaned DS when I was about 5 weeks pregnant (but didn't know I was pregnant yet). I can't believe continuing to nurse would help since it is so hard to get any food down - requiring even more calories by producing milk sounds like worse nausea to me!

I am sorry you are not feeling well. I am planning on weaning DS after the flu season (March-April) but I may wean earlier if I feel sick. Hope you feel better soon!

• I hadn't heard that nursing helps with morning sickness! I have a 9 mon. old and I'm also due towards the end of July. By this point with Sophia, I was already horribly sick. I was concerned  that I am not feeling poorly yet this time. Glad to hear this isn't a weird warning sign.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was sick for 2 weeks with DS, this baby, so far I've been sick for almost 17 weeks!! and counting. it's absolutely terrible. i swore the baby was a girl because of the difference but nope, it's another boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"