LGBT Parenting

Two line but no Smiley Face

Hey Ladies, 

I was just curious if anyone knew how I could get two lines on the ovulation test (the cheapy ones) but no smiley face on the OPK. Any ideas? 

Thanks 

May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Two line but no Smiley Face

• This happened to me Wednesday!  What I realized, and I feel a little foolish considering we have been trying for a year and I didn't see it until yesterday, is that when I pulled out the smiley face stick, there was a blue line, you see it right?  Is there another one?  lighter?  The smiley face stick works exactly the same as the 2 lines, the 2nd blue line just has to be dark enough to make the smiley face pop up!  So if there are 2 fairly dark blue lines, the smiley face is probably hours away!  Yesterday I tested at 9am and I had a second (though fainter) line on the cheap test and no smiley face and then agan at 11am and BAM there is was!  That is when I noticed the darker 2nd blue line and dug in the trash can (yeah..ew.. but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, right?!! :) and found my test from the night before and ta-da!  much lighter blue line!  And luckily my doctor, who has a strict "call before 9am to schedule that day" rule must have been feeling the holiday spirit because he let us go in at noon!  Good luck!  Sounds like your smiley face is on it's way!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • AHHHH...Thanks so much! I have had the lighter blue line for the last 2 days but no smiley face. Today I notice on the cheepies that the pink line was darker than the control but still no smiley. I am going to test when I get home because I have the O cramp in my left ovary! I am not TTC yet but because I have PCOS and Endo, I just want get all my test done before we start TTC in July while it is covered by my insurance. I was pretty excited when I was able to get a free OPK from my doctor. Thanks so much for the info! 

~C 

May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"