Parenting after 35
Options

FFFC: I am not a dog person: Confirmed.

No big news or anything, I am just looking forward to the 30th, when the dog goes home.  Having to walk the dog is annoying, I don't like the barking, and it's just added a bunch of extra stress without the same mellow, cuddly relaxation you can get from a cat.

I like the dog, she's nice enough.  I like my mom's dog.  I even like my brother's dog, who is one of those tiny little yappy teacup poodles with a Napoleon complex.  I will resolve myself to liking and appreciating others' dogs, but this visit has just confirmed I won't be dog shopping any time in the near future. 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: FFFC: I am not a dog person: Confirmed.

• Options

I said it before, but you're a great friend.

I've already resigned myself to just liking certain dogs from afar, but remaining a dog-free household unless M decides in the future that he just HAS to have a dog - a good-tempered dog that gets along with cats and that M will diligently walk, feed, clean etc.

• Options

Nothing wrong with that. I'm not either.

My family has always had cats. My DH's family has always had dogs. It's an ongoing "talk" about getting a dog when Sydney is old enough. I know I will lose the fight one day.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Amy don't be so quick to rule out an entire species just because some people don't train their dogs.  Also some breeds are more yappy and have more idiosyncracies; there are plenty of great dogs out there.  Some dogs (like mine) are just like cats...they sleep 20 hours a day, rarely bark, love everyone and they even walk themselves.  I am equally a cat and dog person but dogs are much easier to train and I would say that my cats have far more annoying habits like waking me up at 3 a.m. meowing, scratching up all my wool rugs and couches, walking all over my face in bed after just having taken a crap and smelling like the litterbox...before you write off all dogs why don't you come up and housesit for me next time I go out of town! Wink (and bring your snowboard, Squaw just got 8 feet of fresh powder!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We are keeping my IL's dog while they were out of town for Thanksgiving, we've done this for them before.  He isn't a bad dog, but I know what you mean about them being annoying.  He is a major food addict so he is constantly underfoot when I am anywhere near the kitchen, hoping for a handout, and he begs at the dinner table.  Also, if he DOES get his paws on anything he considers food, he gets extremely aggressive about it so you have to watch him like a hawk.  He actually bit DH once;  he grabbed one of Ellie's dirty diapers while DH was changing her on the floor and tried to eat it (ew!), and when DH went to grab it, he got bitten.  I have always had cats and loved them and hope to have some again someday after my LOs are older.  I always thought I'd want a dog but having this dog in the house occasionally makes me think maybe not.  Just feels like more work than cats to me.
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hmm, I have had both, but currently only have dogs.  I would rather take a dog out then clean a litter box. (Although I'm sure kitty litter has improved in the last 17 years.) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I get my fill of dogs at work.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"