Orange County Babies
Options

Uppababy or bugaboo

Hi ladies...sorry if this was posted before but I'm new to this board and not sure how to navigate my way around yet.

Does anyone have a suggestion on which stroller to choose?  Can you include the pros/cons?

Thanks all!

Re: Uppababy or bugaboo

• Options

We got our Uppababy Vista at OC Tykes, it was good that we got to test out the bugaboo, teutonia and Phil & Teds prior to purchase.

We love the Uppababy, LO sleeps in the bassinet on the stroller and not in his regular bassinet. We got the silver color. The basket is an amazing size and fits everything we need. I'd buy the Britax cup holder it fits the uppa baby better than the UB brand cup holder.

The UB customer service is amazing, we had a lock that didnt seem right and they sent a new frame for free and we didnt have to mail back the new frame.

* i thinkOC tykes is having 15% off sale this weekend.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I checked both of them out and would have chosen the Uppababy over Bugaboo. Due to price we went with the Maxi Cosi Foray but I would have  LOVED an Uppababy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I looked into both of these strollers, but instead, went with the City Select by Baby Jogger. The main reason for this is that we wanted to be able to convert the stroller into a double when we have our second baby. The Uppa Baby has a rumble seat attachment, which is a second seat that can be added on, but when we tested it out with our current LO, it was very uncomfortable for him and took up a lot of the basket room. With the City Select, there are over 16 ways to convert the stroller, which I LOVE! It gives you tons of great seating options. It costs less than both the Uppa Baby and the Bugaboo, though the extra seat and bassinet attachments are sold separately. I have 2 friends who have the Uppa Baby, and they never used the bassinet attachment. With the City Select, since the bassinet attachment is optional and sold separately, if it doesn't work for you, it can be returned. Whereas, it comes standard with the Uppa Baby, so if you never use it, you are stuck with it.

Additionally, some other great features are it's incredibly smooth ride, hand brake, super large basket, and the fact that it works with inexpensive "mom consoles" like the one from Sunshine Kids for $10.

Check it out: https://www.babyjogger.com/city_select_lp.aspx 

Coming from someone who researched the heck out of all these strollers, I'd highly recommend the City Select over the Uppa Baby or the Bugaboo, esp if you have, or plan on having, a second LO.

But between the Uppa Baby and the Bugaboo, I'd go with the Uppa Baby.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We bought our Uppa Baby in all black at OC Tykes as well and Keli was wonderful to work with! Awesome store and even more awesome stroller!
  • Options
    We have the UppaBaby in Black and love it. DS slept in it for naps and night until he was 3 months. I would recommend getting the stroller attachement for the Chicco infant seat or whatever car seat you get. Makes it easy to go from car to wherever
  • Options

I loooooove our Uppa Baby.  We didn't really use the bassinet feature, but as MissLinz said, we loved our car seat adapter (we had the Peg Perego).  Made life so much easier with a sleeping infant.  I was sad to graduate from it.  Also, the different levels of reclining on the seat of the stroller are really nice for when LO falls asleep. The huge sun shade is also a major plus.

I know #2 is probably the last thing on your mind, but the Uppa Baby also has a rumble seat attachment.  I'm pg with #2 right now, and I'm so excited to just buy the rumble seat and not have to worry about getting a double stroller.  It's so much cheaper than getting a double and the reviews on the rumble seat are pretty good.

Good Luck!

• Options
    I'm a very happy Uppababy stroller owner too! We had it down to the Uppababy and Bugaboo and went with the Uppababy based on certain features on the stroller that we liked more with Uppababy. My biggest deal breakers was the weight and the ease of stroller assemble and disassemble. We bought it when I was about 7 mos pregnant and I was able to put it together and apart in no time, plus I was able to lift it. My SIL originally bought the Bugaboo and sold it on Craigslist to buy an Uppababy due to issues with closing it down. She was done with it when out by herself and unable to close it and had a screaming infant... she also had other concerns with the Bugaboo that she felt would cause even more problems in the future. Also we used our bassinet often, but also had the car seat adapter that made it great to just click right in.
  • Options
    Wow thanks ladies!  Been a great help on all the posts!  Over the thanksgiving weekend my hubby and I purchased our very own UB Vista in the steel gray color.  I felt so much better after reading such great feedback on this stroller and yup our next step is to get the car seat attachment.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"