VBAC

andriod pelvis

Has anyone been told they had an android (narrow) pelvis and this was the reason for their c/s? What were you told re: a vbac?
Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)

Re: andriod pelvis

• I was told this.  Not pregnant though so I'm not sure about VBACing.  I've just heard that it can make it difficult for some babies to pass through and this is why my average 7.lb/4 ounce baby wouldn't descend. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, my MW just  told me this at my 36 week appointment, as why she suspects my 7lb15oz DS wouldn't descent past 8cm. Mind you, she didn't deliver him, and has never given me an internal, and no one else has mentioned it. But she's driving all hope of a vbac out of me by telling me to 'prepare' myself for failure... Ugh.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Loading the player...
  • imagewelshgirl:
    Yeah, my MW just  told me this at my 36 week appointment, as why she suspects my 7lb15oz DS wouldn't descent past 8cm. Mind you, she didn't deliver him, and has never given me an internal, and no one else has mentioned it. But she's driving all hope of a vbac out of me by telling me to 'prepare' myself for failure... Ugh.

Is there another MW or doctor in the practice you can see?   I know it's late in your pregnancy but you may still be able to call around and switch to someone more supportive if you think that would be best.

I don't know anything specifically about android pelvis and VBAC but I know that a bunch of studies looking at VBAC success after a CPD diagnosis are over 60%.  When you keep in mind that the overall vaginal birth rate for everyone in the US is only around 68%, those are pretty good odds IMO.  The OB who did my c/s told me my pelvis was too small to have a vaginal delivery but my current OB thinks it won't be an issue.  So I'm going to try to have a VBAC and see what happens.

GL! 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagewelshgirl:
    Yeah, my MW just  told me this at my 36 week appointment, as why she suspects my 7lb15oz DS wouldn't descent past 8cm. Mind you, she didn't deliver him, and has never given me an internal, and no one else has mentioned it. But she's driving all hope of a vbac out of me by telling me to 'prepare' myself for failure... Ugh.

I think if I were you I would be looking for a new care provider.  I know it is late in your pregnancy, but it seems to me like your MW isn't being very supportive.  You can't tell by looking (or even really doing an internal) whether or not a baby will fit through a pelvis.  I have a girlfriend who is so thin (maybe 100lbs soaking wet) and she pushed out her 9lb son in her bedroom. She was told the first time she got pregnant that she was too small to have a vaginal delivery and she would need a c/s.  She has had 2 natural births!

in all honesty, I think medical professionals diagnose women with things like CPD or anriod pelvis way to often.  I am sure there are cases of these things, but they are rare.

I also think that a lot of the reason that babies don't "fit" is because they are not given time to manuver themselves or the mamas water is broken before baby has positioned himself where he needs to be.  Also, women laboring on their backs for hours doesn't do anything to aid in proper positioning.  I just don't see how 200 years ago babies fit through most womans pelvis and today so many women are deemed "broken" 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"