TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

TTC around the holidays stinks

i hate that we have so many parties/events to go to but i constantly find myself wondering if i'll be pregnant for some of the events etc... so annoying. 

DH wants to get a limo w/ his business partner and go downtown, normally i'd be excited to go but all i can think about is i don't want to go if i'm pg. b/c i don't want to be stuck around a bunch of drunk people.  i know i'd want to go home and be in bed. 

Same w/ NY's, we're supposed to go away for the weekend w/ friends but i know i won't want to go if i'm pg. b/c everyone will be drunk and i'll be the only sober one which is never fun. 

i know it's silly of me to think of things like this now but i can't help it.  i just want to know what this month will bring me.  If only i could tell the future.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in

Re: TTC around the holidays stinks

• Options
    I agree, TTC during the holidays stinks.  If I get a BFP this cycle, I've already calculated that I'll be m/c'ing just in time for or during Christmas :-/  Suck suck suck.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Options

I agree.  I can't plan my Christmas at all.  If I happen to get KU this cycle, then I probably will be doing betas over Christmas and going in for an early u/s to make sure its not ectopic.

If I'm not KU, I will probably have my CD3 u/s like Christmas eve.  Yeah, that sounds like a load of fun.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know, planning anything seems so hard when everything is up in the air.  Luckily we don't do much, but I've already had to remind DH that we can't plan on a vacation next summer until we know what is going on. 
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Options

imageeminbmore:
    I agree, TTC during the holidays stinks.  If I get a BFP this cycle, I've already calculated that I'll be m/c'ing just in time for or during Christmas :-/  Suck suck suck.

yes thats another worry, miscarrying over the holidays.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options
    imageade2be:

I agree.  I can't plan my Christmas at all.  If I happen to get KU this cycle, then I probably will be doing betas over Christmas and going in for an early u/s to make sure its not ectopic.

If I'm not KU, I will probably have my CD3 u/s like Christmas eve.  Yeah, that sounds like a load of fun.

ugh.  it really does stink but i guess the payoff is good if we do get BFPs but then enters a whole other realm of worries. 

• Options

imagePixiestx:
    I know, planning anything seems so hard when everything is up in the air.  Luckily we don't do much, but I've already had to remind DH that we can't plan on a vacation next summer until we know what is going on. 

Normally we dont' do much either so last year i really didn't have all these worries but this year most of our friends have had their babies so i think they all want to party, where as i'm still stuck TTC. 

• Options
    I used to be like that.  But after a year of nothing, I've stopped worrying about being KU when we plan things.  I remember so many dates in the last year that I thought, well I won't want to do that because I'll surely be pregnant again by then. 
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageCourt1:
    I used to be like that.  But after a year of nothing, I've stopped worrying about being KU when we plan things.  I remember so many dates in the last year that I thought, well I won't want to do that because I'll surely be pregnant again by then. 

this is exactly why i get so mad at myself for worrying now about it.  there's nothing i can do about it until i either get af or bfp.  i wish there was a switch in my brain i could turn off to say stop thinking about it and just enjoy and deal w/ everything when the time comes. 

• Options
    imageCourt1:
    I'm the same way.  It's so much extra stress that we don't need
  • Options

imageCourt1:

I agree with this too.  I am more concerned about trying to get FWP in while I either have family in my house or am at someone else's house.  If I weren't paying what seems like millions of dollars to the RE I would just get a slew of hotel rooms.  Urgh.

• Options

I know exactly how you feel.  This year I have the added fun of not knowing if/when I'll be doing IVF.  I can basically guarantee that I'll have the ER or be on bedrest on Christmas or NYE. 

I also made the huge mistake of announcing to the family the first time around two years ago on Christmas Day so that's a nice little reminder that I'll have forever.

• Options

I am with you 200%

I am constantly planning "What if..." moments in life that revolve around my baby that has yet to arrive.

Hang in there...I am here if you ever need to vent.

• Options
    I think we all need crystal balls...
    Pregnancy Ticker dx Hypothyroidism 11/08 BFP #1 10.12.09, Missed m/c at 11 wks 3 days measuring 9 wks, no hb D&C 12.01.09 BFP #2 11.22.11...Summer Elizabeth Born 11.29.11! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"