Hi! I have a question, but first a bit of background -
I have a 2 year old who was delivered via csection after labor and dilating to 10 cm. Her heart rate was decelerating and got to a point where it was not coming up enough, so off to the OR we went. In the OR her heart rate stabilized, so c/s was not truly considered an emergency. They took their time and I had a pretty easy recovery. My DH was allowed to hold DD against my face while they stitched me up and I held her as I was wheeled out of the OR and nursed in the recovery room. All in all, I believe it was a decent c/s experience. At my follow up appointment my OB said I should attempt VBAC if we had any other children.
Well, a year later I was pregnant and excited to try for a VBAC. Unfortunately, the pregnancy implanted on the incision/scar tissue from c/s. I did not have a D&C since my OB wanted to preserve the integrity of my uterus as much as possible and worried a D&C would cause further damage. The pregnancy was labeled ectopic and I was treated with methotrexate. After a very long period of being monitored and on and off bleeding, I was cleared to TTC again after 3 periods. We began trying again in April.
Now I am pregnant again and hoping this one sticks in the right spot and we have a new baby in July. I have not had a chance to speak with my OB yet about the possibility of a VBAC, but wonder what effect my loss will have on her opinion on the possibility. I've had many studies of my uterus done while TTC and everything looks fine. I was told it has healed well.
So, finally, my question is - does anyone have any suggestions of research I could do ahead of my meeting with OB so I would know what questions to ask, especially about my particular situation?