Hawaii Babies
Options

??? Weekly Check-in ???

I'm doing the check-ins now =)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAWAII NESTIE/BUMPIE MAMAS
4forluck
 ? Elaine May ? 09.20.07

MauidAims ? Kai Adam ? 02.16.08
MrsNFB ? Sean Patrick ? 10.11.08

kauai_luv ? Waianuhea ? 04.04.09
kshiz ? Ella Juliet ? 04.04.09
VanceandLori ? Brooke Jillian ? 05.15.09
Mrs.HulaHunnie ? Jaylee Emiko ? 06.11.09
bigislandhi ? Zoi ? 06.29.09
Mrs.Ziz ? Bella Kailani ? 07.24.09
Hawaiian Honey ? Matthew Sebron (Matty) ? 08.07.09
MrsWinter ? Ashton Christopher ? 08.14.09
myday1708 ? Alexa Leilani ? 09.09.09
missaloha ? Ellery Lin Ka'imilani ? 09.13.09
MrsNJSwimmer ? William (Billy) ? 11.09.09
Trieulam - Kiptyn ? 11.12.09 & precious angel Kylie ? 11.12.09-1.28.10
MrsPresley ? Annalise Rebecca ? 11.12.09
HulaLove ? Elyse Ann (Elle) ? 12.14.09

Married2MrWright ? Elizabeth (Libby) Joan ? 01.25.10
Sanae78 ? Kaya Akemi ? 02.11.10
SirenSong ? Samara Jane Florence ? 02.16.10
Mauiwedding08 
? John (Jack) ? 02.19.10
Jaysgirljulie 
? Christopher Ryan ? 03.9.10
Lola808 ? Adrian Kapa'a ? 04.8.10
LisaKeiko ? John (Johnny) Samuel IV ? 04.19.10
redshoegirl ? William John & Dashiell Thomas ? 04.21.10
liubride510 ? Kailani Grace ? 05.08.10
inamra ? B ? 05.16.10
rwright5 ? Mason Lee ? 06.03.10
supercoolnat ? Zachary ? 06.07.10
parrotgirl ? Mason ? 06.15.10
expatjen ? Kannan Aukai ? 07.05.10
lelekay ? Henry Benjamin ? 07.22.10
MrsIH ? Jacob Kenji Makai ? 08.28.10 
Vanilla15 ? Adair Aolani ? 09.06.10  
ECUPirate04 ? Lauren Hope ? 09.29.10
mrsnickandnora ? Blake William ? 10.07.10(?)
MrsNicole&Brian808 ? Hank Mason ? 10.20.10
eacerna ? Eleiana Makenzie ? 11.03.10
SanHawaii08 ? Eric ? 11.09.10

HAWAII NESTIE DUE DATES 

July 2010 
07.22.10 ? Boy ? RobynLee

December  2010
12.17.10 ? Girl ? annasan_k

January 2011
01.20.11 ? Girl ? Oceangirl22

March 2011
03.13.11 ? Boy ? kinibruin 
03.20.11 ? Boy ? MrsZiz

April 2011
04.04.11 ? Boy ? MauiBride2008
04.27.11 ? Baby ? HappyGoLuckyGal

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

Post updated due dates or gender reports here.

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?

(5)  How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with family members other than your DH?

(6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends?

(7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors?

(8) What questions would you like to see in upcoming check-ins? 

TTCers:  Which cycle are you on?  Where in the cycle are you?  What, if anything, are you doing/trying for TTC success?

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies

Re: ??? Weekly Check-in ???

• Options

Yay! I never usually have time to do these! 

imageinamra:

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? Ryan is now 8 months old

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? Ryan has been crawling for 2 months now. He's been walking along the couch for awhile too. Today he balanced for a few seconds standing up. I thought I had waaayyyyy more time before he was so mobile! He's an athletic little monkey!

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Ryan simply prefers his daddy to me. It makes me sad but it is what it is. :-(  I'm doing a good job accepting this and not becoming resentful about it.

(6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends? Friends without children pretty much went their own way once they found out I was pregnant. Maybe it's my fault because I feel I don't have much in common with them anymore anyway. I became instantly closer with other parents though.

(7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors? It was just me & DH (and a million doctors and nurses etc since things started getting complicated there at the end). I didn't want anyone else there. We accepted visitors once we went to the post pardom rooms.

• Options

Thanks for taking these on, inamra!  Can you change my info at the top?  Eric was born on 11/9/2010.  Thanks! 

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO?  E is 2 weeks old!

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  I'm feeling...like a dairy cow still.  hah.  pumping right now. Stick out tongue  this last week has been tough, since i fully expected that E would be going home at the end of last week.  And when that didn't happen, it was really hard, emotionally.  But now we're thinking w/in a week...we shall see.  It was also hard to decide to bottle-feed him, but it will get him home more quickly.  oh, and i'm thankful that my MIL left on Sunday Stick out tongue but that's for another post!  we all love MIL vent posts, right?   

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  "2" wk pp check-up on 12/3 - almost a month after delivery.  It's a little later than i wanted, due to thanksgiving and that i want to see the midwife who delivered E, since I'll be bringing him to the appointment.

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week?  1. E still in the nicu.  2.  pumping/bf'ing.  omfg, bf'ing is hard.  like, *hard*.  even knowing it's hard, having heard so much from you all, did not prepare me for how hard it really is.  let me just say it again: o.m.f.g.  bf'ing is hard.  3.  MIL pouting and ignoring everyone for 3 or 4 days, for no reason that I can discern.  grr...even thinking about her behavior during the second half of her stay (the first half was okay) makes me mad!  and makes me scratch my head.  i don't understand her at all.  MH wasn't even sure what was going on either, but our best guess was that she was mad about not being able to hold/spend time with E more?  The little guy was eating or sleeping!  the rest of us are happy to just sit there and look at him, what is your problem?  get over it Stick out tongue  and the worst was when she walked out of the house, shut the door, and got into the car to go to the airport (MH was driving her), w/o even saying bye to me or my mom.  wtf.  okay.  end of MIL rant, i guess i couldn't save it for another post.

(5)  How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with family members other than your DH?  i don't think it really has

(6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends?  again, i don't think it did.  most of my friends have kids or are thinking about having kids.  and we didn't go out to drink/party/go clubbing before getting pg, so that didn't really change

(7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors?  just MH and me.  well, and a medical student who had been going to all my appointments with me (i agreed to have her shadow starting about 2/3 through my pg).  plus the nurse, the midwife, and a team of pedis right before he came out.  as for family visiting, they've been coming whenever they want.  it was really ...strange/uncomfortable to have both moms here.  (again, thank goodness MIL left!! Stick out tongue  ugh.  haha)  we're struggling with visitors though, we've let a few friends come visit in the nicu, but i'm not sure yet how to handle requests to visit after E comes home.  we kind of want to hole up at home with no visitors until January, in an effort to not get him sick.  given the time of year and how sick he was, we really don't want any more stress on his respiratory system.  hopefully by the time he's 2 months, he'll be better able to fight off colds.  but we haven't told anyone this yet, so we'll see...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
      (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 18w 1d (2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  I'm feeling great. My belly is getting bigger, and I'm enjoying my second trimester body before it really expands. (3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  The anatomy scan is on Dec 3. I'm getting more nervous as we get closer to the date. I was born with one kidney and a uterine anomaly. At my last appointment, my OB told me that puts baby at risk for failing to develop kidneys. I won't be able to really relax until I hear that little one has at least one. (4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? It's been a challenge-free week, other than the pre-US jitters. (5)  How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with family members other than your DH?  Not much. My mom is considering moving here once baby is born. It would be great to have the help, but I haven't lived near my mom since high school and I'm not sure I'm mentally prepared. Overall she's great, but she does tend to forget that I'm an adult in my 30s. I'm still her baby, if you know what I mean. MIL is easier to handle. (6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends?  Not much yet. I think things will change more once baby gets here. I still have friends without any kids. (7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors?  I've been quoted a 70% chance of needed a C/S because of my crazy uterus. I'm still trying to get used to that idea. I'm deliving at the same hospital where I work, so I'm hoping colleagues won't be randomly dropping in all the time during my stay. After that, I think we'll be okay. My parents and the ILs will visit, but they're pretty respectful.
  • Options

(1) how old is your LO? he is 1 year and 2 weeks!

(2) Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? he's walking farther each time he tries, but still unsure of his balance.  he was baptized this past weekend, and he definitely remembered what to do with the cake from last week - this time - he picked it up by the icing and smashed it into his mouth!! LOL 

(3) Next appointment date?  He recently had his 12 month appt with shots and had blood drawn, also had the second part of his flu shot last weekend.  Next one is 15 months I think

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? I think he's trying to drop his 1st nap, so his sleeping has been off for awhile.

(5)  How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with family members other than your DH? Brought me closer together with my parents, seems to have pushed  my ILs away.  Very strange.

(6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends? I don't know that it's affected it that much - most of our friends we only saw occassionally b/c we would travel to see family so much, but we don't travel much anymore, and we are so tired most of the time we just stay at home.  

(7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors?  We delivered during the H1N1 debacle where there were very strict rules on visitors (None) during your stay.  DH was the only one allowed in, so that helped cut down on that dilemma for us.  However, before that went into effect, the nurse at the dr's office told me that the nurses and drs at the hospital will run interference for you as far as people coming to see you in the room. 

• Options
    imageSanHawaii08:

Thanks for taking these on, inamra!  Can you change my info at the top?  Eric was born on 11/9/2010.  Thanks! 

Billy was born 11/9/2009 - our boys are birth-date twins!

• Options
       (1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 4 months old last Monday!(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share?  Well, Henry is officially a big boy (not that we didn't already know that)!  At his 4 month check-up he was 81st percentile for weight (16lb, 7.5oz), and 93rd for height (26.25").  And we started rice cereal today!  It went well at the morning feeding, but he didn't want it much at the evening feeding....oh, well!(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up?  Well, I've got an appt. on Friday for my Mirena implantation, but I have yet to make Henry's next appt. (for 6 months).(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? I fear we're either teething or starting the 4-month wakeful period (or both!)  He's been getting up twice in a night, instead of the usual once.  I can handle the twice, I just hope it doesn't get worse!(5)  How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with family members other than your DH?  Not too much, but I don't see my sister as much.  This may have to do as much with her change of lifestyles as mine (she got divorced last year, recently moved to the city, and has a new boyfriend).(6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends?  Not much at all.  Most of my friends already had kids, and we didn't see much of each other anyway....we mostly keep in touch through email, facebook, and only see each other about once a month).(7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors?  Only MH.  My sister wanted to be in the OR, but they wouldn't let her.  She visited in the hospital every day we were there (and was most welcome....we're very close).  No other family visited until we got home (both our parents live in other states).
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageMrsNJSwimmer:
    imageSanHawaii08:

Billy was born 11/9/2009 - our boys are birth-date twins!

Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSanHawaii08:

NP =) Wouldn't have done it w/o all your work on the Google doc!!

Added E to the list =)

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options

(1) What week are you in/how old is your LO? 7 months and 1 week

(2) How are you feeling? Any new milestones or news in the last week to share? They're definitely starting to consider crawling, especially Will - he's doing that schooch-leg-under-butt thing and is working out how to keep it there. Oh! And they both have 2 bottom teeth now. Smile

(3) Next appointment date?  Any big ultrasounds/other exciting stuff coming up? None

(4) What's been your greatest BR challenge this past week? Sleeping...but I'm glad to say that it seems to be a challenge we WON! Their sleep patterns had gotten craaaaazy lately - they wouldn't nap for longer than about 25-30 min and were wanting bottles twice a night. I know it's normal for babies to night feed for quite a while, but you have to trust me when I say that in this case it just seemed...unnecessary? I can't say exactly why I felt that way- just gut instinct.

In desperation, I finally got a copy of Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, which is highly recommended on the Multiples board. And OMG it was a lifesaver! Within a week, they were having two good long naps per day and sleeping through the night from 7-7.30pm--6-7am. They are still fussing occasionally when they lose their pacifiers (they're teething SO much right now and want them in their mouths more or less constantly) but no more night feeding or repeated waking. 

I would HIGHLY recommend this book if you're having sleep issues. I really liked that this doctor doesn't just say, "Do this" but explains WHY a lot of kids end up with a particular sleep problem and offers different suggestions for different problems and personalities, not just a one-size-fits-all solution. (He does advocate a modified CIO sometimes which I know not everyone is down with, but you can choose to ignore that if it wouldn't be appropriate for child or comfortable for your parenting approach, as we did.)

I don't think it will solve every single problem all the time since babies are individuals and what works for some may not work for others, but if you're having sleep issues, I'd definitely put it on your reading list to consider.

(5)  How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with family members other than your DH? Hmm. I'd say that in some ways it's brought me closer with my parents, and perhaps even Ben's parents (MIL and I still don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but she's been surprisingly respectful of my wishes when it comes to my kids). I think it's put a little more distance between my sister and I, just because it's not something she understands or wishes to understand, and I think she was vaguely annoyed when she visited that my time was so consumed by them. *shrug* Other than that, I'd say it's all pretty much the same. Oh except for one of my SILs, who I think now thinks we're birds of a feather...which would be OK if we were, but I side eye MANY of her parenting strategies and secretly dislike being lumped into an "us mothers" category by her.

(6) How has being pg/having a baby affected your relationships with friends? Most of my friends have young children, so at this point it hasn't changed much (they don't resent my not being able to go to dinner or anything like that). I'd say the only major change is that we discuss our kids a lot lol.

(7) Who will be/was in the delivery room with you? And how are/did you handling visits from ILs and visitors? Just Ben, which was how I wanted it. MIL kept saying she wanted to be there until I threatened to not tell her when we went to the hospital. Then suddenly she didn't want to be there (since it had to be her idea lol). We sent immediate family a text message when the boys were born with names, birthweights, etc., and asked everyone to refrain from visiting for 24 hours to give me time to recover since I'd had such a difficult delivery.

• Options

imageHappyGoLuckyGal:
    I've been quoted a 70% chance of needed a C/S because of my crazy uterus. I'm still trying to get used to that idea.

First - yaaay, there's a 30% chance you WON'T need a c/s! Party!!!

Second - having a c/s was way better than I expected it to be. Seriously. Not as emotionally difficult (honestly, after nearly an entire day of labor I just wanted them OUT and didn't even care how it happened lol) and recovery was no problem. I was in the hospital for a week, and when I got home I had zero problems going up and down stairs, bending over cribs, etc. Smile Just thought I'd toss that out there so you know it's not all bad...I read so many horror stories about c/s that I was pretty nervous knowing I had a 50% chance of needing one!

• Options
    imageredshoegirl:

imageHappyGoLuckyGal:
    I've been quoted a 70% chance of needed a C/S because of my crazy uterus. I'm still trying to get used to that idea.

First - yaaay, there's a 30% chance you WON'T need a c/s! Party!!!

Second - having a c/s was way better than I expected it to be. Seriously. Not as emotionally difficult (honestly, after nearly an entire day of labor I just wanted them OUT and didn't even care how it happened lol) and recovery was no problem. I was in the hospital for a week, and when I got home I had zero problems going up and down stairs, bending over cribs, etc. Smile Just thought I'd toss that out there so you know it's not all bad...I read so many horror stories about c/s that I was pretty nervous knowing I had a 50% chance of needing one!

All of this!

When I found out Henry was breech three weeks before my EDD, at first I was devastated.  I spent one week in denial/desperately trying to get him to turn, the next week sad/angry about the whole thing, then the third week accepting it and reading all about c-sections.  I didn't get to go into labor at all, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it was actually kind of nice in the end.  In the end I wasn't disappointed about not delivering naturally at all, like I thought I would be in the beginning, and the c-section went off without a hitch.  Then, when Henry was born safely, that's all I cared about.  Honestly, it's not like I think about it anymore.   He's 4 months old, and all that matters is that's he's here and healthy, not HOW he got here, you know?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"