North Dakota Babies
Options

A long way out...but...traveling?

DH gets to take his drumline to nationals this spring. The competition in Dayton, OH. They're taking a bus. I know there's no effing way I'll be riding that bus at 31weeks, but I REALLY don't want to miss this. I thought I had a long time to decide if I will go, but DH just e-mailed me and said we have to decide this week.

Uhhh....what?! Okay, so I'll ask my Dr. if it's okay for me to fly at 31 weeks, and if he says yes, I'll ask my mommy if she'll come with me because I'm a baby like that (and I know my mom would love to join us if she could)...I know different doctors, books, and websites all say different things. So why not get some more opinions.

What do you think, ladies? If the doctor says okay...Will I be totally crazy to plan on flying at 31 weeks? Should I say yes for now and then "actually" decide when the time is closer? Should I just say no? Any votes for me riding the bus? BWAHAHAHA...

Re: A long way out...but...traveling?

• Options
    I vote that you're fine to fly. I'm planning a trip to Chicago at 30 weeks. I think a long bus trip would be torture, but that's me.
  • Options

I flew at 31 1/2 weeks during my first pregnancy and had no problem.  And it was even by myself!  Everyone was so helpful - people were helping me with my luggage, etc.  As long as you're not having any other things going on, you should be just fine.

ETA: And I would have to say hell to the no about the bus ride.  I wouldn't want to do it even if I wasn't PG.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Absolutely no on the bus ride, pregnant or not! 

As for flying, I would just double check with your OB to be on the safe side.  You may have to get some type of note from your OB to fly after a certain date, but I'm not sure.  My practice said not to fly during the 3rd tri, but I'm sure if I needed to go somewhere, I could have gotten permission.

• Options

I flew @ 31 weeks and was fine.  My doctor OK'd all travel before 32 weeks - since I was traveling ALOT for work back then.

I would also say "NO" to the bus, pregnant or not! 

• Options
    I think you should be fine to fly!
  • Options

Definitely fly!

There's several Dayton-ians (and other girls closeby) on this board -- Think you'd have time for a GTG?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options

My doctor was fine with me flying until 34 weeks, as long as we stayed in the country. 

I would think you'd be fine to fly.  That bus though? Even now, at 28 weeks, I'd chew my right arm off before doing that.  Ugh.  I can barely sit in the car comfortably these days. 

Katy and Brett ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ October 4, 2008

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    i'm sure you'd be fine to fly, and if I were in your shoes I'd book it, however spend the extra $ and get the refundable ticket- my OB put a 40mile travel radius on me after 30 weeks because of all the issues I was having. I'm sure that wont happen to you, but better safe than sorry.

K+S 9.18.9 | DD #1 age 2 | PG # 5 EDD 9.17.12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"