Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

97.18 everyday - Is this normal?

Chart stalkers please help!  I'm starting to think that my BBT is not working correctly.  I have had the same temp for 7 of the last 9 days.  I am good about taking my temp about the same time everyday, but I feel like my temp is too consistent.  This is my frirst month temping so maybe this is normal for me. I have taken my temp other times during the day and I get a different temp so that makes me think it isn't broken.  Has anyone had this happen to them?    

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 97.18 everyday - Is this normal?

• Options

Is it the Target BBT? I have heard that the fav temp on those is 97.18?.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If you're taking your temperature at other times of the day and it changes, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  It just means you're really consistent!  FWIW, I tend to get a lot of 97.3 readings during the days before I ovulate (you can see that on my previous charts).
    The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

So weird my temp has been the exact same for 4 out of 5 days, 97.18.  Normally my temp is alot lower too. I have had flat lining temps before just not this high. All you can do is waiting it out. I know my cycle is bound to be wonky cause of my M/c earlier this month.

It is not your BBT.  Hopefully you will see some movement one way or the other in the next couple days.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Began TTC July 09 Began Charting August 2010 BFP 10.28.10 Natural M/C 11.12.10 DX PCOS May 2011 DH SA= perfect First round Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI/Prog. July 2011 BFP 7/19/11 Grow Baby Grow!! Due Date 3/27/2012 first beta 7/22 542 second beta 7/25 958 She is here!! Sarah Bethany born 3/20/12 @ 4:13am 6lbs. 15oz. 19inches long
  • Options
    Try a different brand BBT. It sounds like your thermometer is bad. A couple of the same temps in a row is to be expected, but not 7....something isn't right. Try the purple CVS one. It has been a trooper for me for almost 2 years now. GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrsJT09:

• Options
    imagelimpetfan:
    If you're taking your temperature at other times of the day and it changes, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  It just means you're really consistent!  FWIW, I tend to get a lot of 97.3 readings during the days before I ovulate (you can see that on my previous charts).
    This. Check out my September cycle; I had 5 days of flatline temps. as long as you tried temping at other times and you get a different number, it is not your thermometer.

Started TTC #1: July 2010 DX: PCOS
    BFP: 12/5/10 Natural M/C: 12/17/10 (5w6d)
    Cycle 10 - 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    Cycle 11 - 50mg Clomid + IUI converted to TI = BFN
    Cycle 12 - 50mg Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    Cycle 13 - Clomid Break + Charting + Dr. Recommendations = BFN
    Cycle 14 - Clomid Break + Charting + meeting with URO (all clear!) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 - 105 Beta #2 - 336! 1st U/S (@5w4d)- gest. sac and yolk sac, measuring 5w2d 2nd U/S - 1/16 (will be 8w2d) Stick and grow, little bean! My Ovulation Chart
    BabyFruit Ticker

* Congrats to my girl SarahRuthG on her new baby boy!*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemrsJT09:

No it's from Walgreens.  Maybe it's a fav temp on a few brands. 

• Options

Thank you all for your advice.  It seems like I should just wait it out and see what happens.  If I don't see a shift this cycle I'll try another brand next time! 

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving Weekend!

• Options
    Mine is a HEB brand one which is a grocery chain here in Texas. It still reads different temps at different times of the day. I think we are just the broken ones ;0)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Began TTC July 09 Began Charting August 2010 BFP 10.28.10 Natural M/C 11.12.10 DX PCOS May 2011 DH SA= perfect First round Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI/Prog. July 2011 BFP 7/19/11 Grow Baby Grow!! Due Date 3/27/2012 first beta 7/22 542 second beta 7/25 958 She is here!! Sarah Bethany born 3/20/12 @ 4:13am 6lbs. 15oz. 19inches long
  • Options

imagetxhillcountrywife:
    Mine is a HEB brand one which is a grocery chain here in Texas. It still reads different temps at different times of the day. I think we are just the broken ones ;0)

I guess we should be happy it's consistent, hopefully that will allow us to see a clear shift when we O.  (I'm trying to look on the bright side).

• Options
    I just got that temp this AM too, and a few times in the past, along with another popular value for me...but it will change from day today. My BBT is a Walgreens brand.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have the Walgreens BBT and 97.18 is a semi-favorite for mine, as well. Overall, I'm pretty annoyed with it. I recently bought a new one on early-pregnancy-tests.com (by Fairhaven Health) and have been using it at the same time. The temps seem much more realistic with the new BBT. I'm still charting with the Walgreens one since I started the cycle with it, but I will start officially using the Fairhaven BBT next month.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"