Natural Birth
Options

For those hoping for a natural birth -- I'm cheering for you!

I prepared for a natural, med free birth and unfortunately after 2 hours of pushing my midwife and the OB on duty told me that because of a past pelvic injury (car accident 4 years ago, 5 fractures) that baby couldn't get past my pelvis... the right side of the pelvic opening was collapsed into a half moon shape.I ended up with an emergency c-section which was quite traumatic for me.

The best part of my birth experience was my med free part. Through breathing and simply finding a focal point, my contractions were SO manageable. I honestly only found them truly painful when I lost focus a couple times. I will say that it was mentally (and therefore physically) tiring to stay focussed because my contractions were 1 minute apart for 45 seconds... I was getting NO break and things progressed very fast. 

I'm honestly so heartbroken that I will never get a chance to experience labour again... and that I'll never be able to deliver naturally... So I guess you could say I'm slightly jealous of those of you who are able to have a natural birth! So do it for me! lol You are SO lucky! It's a beautiful thing!

You'll be amazed by what you have the power to do! It can truly be so energizing and amazing. I went into birth with no fear, I was so excited.

Good luck to each of you! You can totally do it :)  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.
- Robert Munsch

Re: For those hoping for a natural birth -- I'm cheering for you!

• Options
    Sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted.  So glad LO is here safe and sound. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    thank you so much for being so positive!!! so many people would be too bitter or sad to encourage other women, but it's so wonderful that you are just grateful to have your beautiful baby safe & healthy & in your arms. i get worried that there will be interventions & complications since i've had a pretty easy pregnancy, kinda like i'm due for problems, but i'm trying to stay in the right mindset. it was really nice to read your post & be reminded that as much as i want a natural birth all that really matters is that baby inside of me. congrats!! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww, I'm so sorry you aren't able to get the birth experience you wanted.  It sounds like you are doing well though and I'm glad that LO is doing fine!  That is awesome that your caregivers allowed you to do a trial of labor and pushing.  It didn't end how you wanted but you certainly could have done it under normal circumstances!
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"