High-Risk Pregnancy

BFP and nervous

Found out today I am pregnant with #2.  I was diagnosed with Factor V Leiden after I developed HELLP syndrome at 33 weeks with my first. 

I am a mess - I am happy, excited, scared and nervous.  Calling OB in the morning, but she said I will be on daily hepparin injections starting at 6 or 7 weeks.  

Thanks in advance for any happy stories or advice :-)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: BFP and nervous

• The heparin isn't bad.  Congratulations!!!!!
  • I had HELLP in my 1st pregnancy and had my son at 36 weeks because of it.  I was nervous when I was pregnant with my 2nd child but the doctors were so much more cognizant of the condition and monitored me so closely.  I ended up with pre-e again at 28 weeks but they were able to keep it mild by putting me on bedrest until I delivered at 36 weeks.  Everything was so much better in my 2nd pregnancy because they (and me) knew what to look for. 

So the fact that your doctors know what they're dealing with is a large part of the battle.  They can treat you appropriately.  They will give you the Heparin, probably do ultrasounds on your legs to check for clots and have you take it easy.  You're high risk but many women who are have normal, healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.

Congratulations and good luck!

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Loading the player...
  • I had severe pre-e and HELLP with my first, born at 35 weeks.  We both nearly died.  My pregnancy with DS2 was completely unplanned (we were using condoms--did not break one).  I felt very similar to what you feel right now--scared out of my mind, nervous, not knowing what to do. 

DS2 was born a year ago tomorrow, weighing a whopping 11 pounds, 10 ounces (and no, I didn't have GD!).  He was perfectly healthy, and I didn't develop pre-e or HELLP.  I did have some high blood pressure toward the end, but nothing that a little bed rest and medication couldn't handle.  We are all happy, healthy, and well, and look forward to TTC #3 in 6-8 months!  

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"