Indiana Babies
Options

Isn't it funny...

...how on the very same day, two different people can have such different days? I think about that a lot when you hear of something really tragic happening...someone nearby or even far away had the best day of their life that day.

In much less dramatic fashion, I felt like today was one of my worst days ever both emotionally and physically. I even posted - and then DD'd - an "I quit" post. :)

But then I'm just catching up on blog reading, and Heir to Blair wrote a post about how much she loved today and all the fun reasons why (plus she posted a pic of her DS in a chocolate chip cookie print CD!).

I would have given anything to have a day like that today!

Do you ever think about "big" things like that? For me, it keeps things in perspective.

Pregnancy Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Isn't it funny...

• Options

I know she's been through a lot, but I can't really read her blog anymore.  It's waaay to puppies and rainbows for me lately.  Stick out tongue

I hope your day has gotten better!  I've had to step away from the internet lately and just focus on my family.  I can't control what others think of me, who they hang out with, how their families are doing, etc.  Ya know?  Sometimes reading those kind of blogs send me into a funk. 

• Options

I think about things like that when I'm watching Dateline or 20/20. When they mention the date of a death or kidnapping or whatever the show is about, I think about what I was doing that day (or what events in my life happened around then).  Then I get sad that while I was doing something in my life, someone was going through something awful. Now that I type it out, it seems kinda weird. 

I'm sorry you are having such a rough day. I hope this week holds better things for you. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMommaMcG:

I know she's been through a lot, but I can't really read her blog anymore.  It's waaay to puppies and rainbows for me lately.  Stick out tongue

I hope your day has gotten better!  I've had to step away from the internet lately and just focus on my family.  I can't control what others think of me, who they hang out with, how their families are doing, etc.  Ya know?  Sometimes reading those kind of blogs send me into a funk. 

Oh no no no, this has nothing to do with her blog or feeling in a funk! Actually, the opposite...it just made me remember that I have really awesome days, too, but today wasn't one of them

I will admit I've been attached to the internet the last few days, especially before Ella came back home. It actually helped me feel connected to the outside world and didn't affect my mood at all, really.

• Options

Along the same lines: I always try to think of things I'm grateful for at the end of the day (Especially the crappy ones!) Even if it's simply "We're all still alive." Or "half the crayons are not melted in the dryer"

I have a friend that writes her "grateful moment" down in a journal every day.

• Options
    imagemandyallcorn:

Along the same lines: I always try to think of things I'm grateful for at the end of the day (Especially the crappy ones!) Even if it's simply "We're all still alive." Or "half the crayons are not melted in the dryer"

That's a great idea. It's probably pretty easy to forget about the things we are happy about or grateful for when things are going well overall. But then- BAM - have a bad day and it's like you forget all the amazing things about your life.

I just might start doing that.

• Options
    imageNDwife07:
    imagemandyallcorn:

That's a great idea. It's probably pretty easy to forget about the things we are happy about or grateful for when things are going well overall. But then- BAM - have a bad day and it's like you forget all the amazing things about your life.

I just might start doing that.

That is a good idea.  A few years ago I made a blog just about happy thoughts.  I tried to post at least 3 things that made me happy everyday.  And it's good to look back on as well when you are feeling down!

• Options

It's good though.

I mean, if I'm having a shitty day, week, or month, it makes me happy to hear good news about friends, etc.!

• Options
    imagelemen99:

It's good though.

I mean, if I'm having a shitty day, week, or month, it makes me happy to hear good news about friends, etc.!

That's what I meant - it's good, puts things in perspective.

• Options
    imageNDwife07:
    imagelemen99:

It's good though.

That's what I meant - it's good, puts things in perspective.

yep!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"