2nd Trimester
Options

Can I get a second opinion (ultrasound pic)?

Does this look like we're having a girl?  The reason why I'm having a little doubt is because with DD, we definitely saw 3 lines.  But with this baby, we got 3 dots instead.  The ultrasound tech seemed confident we are having a girl.  Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for another girl but my uncertainty is bothering me.

Re: Can I get a second opinion (ultrasound pic)?

• Options
    I'm going to say girl because I don't see a penis. Congratulations!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

eek... looks like a boy to me. I'd say it could be a girl if you were 14-16 weeks maybe.

Did you see differently on the actual video US? I'm wondering if that's just a weird/bad shot?

"Right beside you is where I belong... from this moment on." imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    since my post somehow disappeared.  It looks like a boy to me. Girls have 3lines not a triangle shape down there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That looks like a boy to me...
  • Options
    I think it looks like a boy.
    June 2010 - IVM
    July 2, 2010- BFP Beta July 5th - 931 Repeat beta July 7th - 2,779
    July 13, 2010- First ultrasound! Gestational sac found!
    July 16, 2010 - 2nd u/s due to bleeding. Twins found! Baby A is great! Praying for Baby B!
    July 23, 2010 - 3rd u/s. Saw Baby A's flicker of a heartbeat! Lost Baby B. :-(
    March 16, 2011 - Nathan James was born
    November 26, 2012 - surprise BFP! It's a girl!
    July 26, 2013 - Lilianna Jean was born

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    It is a confusing shot.  I have a boy and a girl and they were always able to tell by whether there were ovaries (inside) or testes (outside).  I really can't tell from that pic.
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

You could try looking for jmcdow on 3rd Tri.  She's an ultrasound tech but I don't know whether she will have an opinion since she didn't do the scan. 

You can try.  

• Options
    I'm in no way an expert on this, but I think girl. I only think that b/c on our picture, you can clearly tell there is a penis and it was from the same angle. I don't see a penis on your picture, but again, no expert here.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Looks like a boy to me.

imageimage

Our baby site: Baby Cragg

• Options
    i would say girl bc my boys ultrasounds were clear as day as a boy..maybe ask your dr at your next app
  • Options
    I would get a second opinion or go get a 3D one done. Obviously mixed reviews
  • Options
    I say girl because with both ds and this baby, it's plain as anything that they're both boys on the ultrasound.  
  • Options

I'd get a second opinion. The boy ultrasounds I've seen look like there's something sticking out a lot more than that, BUT it doesn't look like my girl ultrasound. Even a blurry pic at 18 weeks you can definitely tell it's a girl.

• Options
    DEFINITELY a girl! a boy looks like a turtle.
  • Options
    I would say boy comparing photos with DD and this boy ultrasound photo. 
  • Options
    Definitely girl.  My son's ultrasound pic was extremely obvious that it was a boy. you could see the 2 balls and the penis very clearly.  There is simply no penis in this picture
  • Options
    I think its a boy.  I just don't think it's the best angle to see the entire penis.  But that's a lot of junk sticking out to be a girl.
  • Options
    I really don't see where people are seeing boy in this photo...I think it's very clearly a girl.  Funny how we all see things differently, I guess. 
  • Options
    As long as this was taken after 18w, I'd say its a Vag. My little guys pecker at 19w was like half of his leg!
  • Options
    you'd see a lot more wiener sticking out at 19/20 weeks if it were a boy.
  • Options

image3PupsAndABaby:
    DEFINITELY a girl! a boy looks like a turtle.

This.  That looks nothing like either of my boy u/s. 

• Options
    I think girl! My little boy is sticking out more.
  • Options
    That looks like what our u/s looked like and our tech outlined it as a visible penis and scrotum. 
  • Options
    I'm guessing girl. But, if this were my u/s and I really wanted to be sure I'd talk to the doc (and maybe get a re-check in office) or head for a 3-D u/s.

Caitlin 4.17.11     Madeline 10.20.13

• Options
    I say GIRL.  I have a boy, and had many u/s with him, and am having another boy this time, so I'm pretty familiar with the penis shots and this doesn't look like that at all.  But, to ease your mind, maybe you can get a second opinion?

• Options

Girl, that's what both of my girls ultrasounds look like that we got on Monday.

• Options
    It looks like a girl to me. The girl parts can either look like a little hamburger or a pitch fork. Depends on how far out you scan in the area. It is not a very good gender picture but a boy part would appear further out in between the legs.
  • Options
    Why would you get a second opinion? The point of the u/s is not to find out the sex.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    I'm going with girl...when we did DS at 12 weeks it was WAY early to even decipher but he had more weinie that early than this photo, and it stayed the same exact shape when we reached 20.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"