North Carolina Babies
Options

SO - infant carseat question

DD was 19.5 lbs and 29" at her 9 mo. appt. We still have her in the infant seat. She has reached the height limit, but is still 2.5 lbs from the weight limit. Would you upgrade to the convertible (rear, of course) before a 5hr drive for Thanksgiving?

Here is why I am hesitating:
We can switch the infant seat from car-to-car for daycare drop-off/pick-up. DH and I alternate, and also "save" each other when someone has a meeting run late, etc...

Should I just bite the bullet and get a second convertible? We do plan to have 2 kids close enough in age that they'll be in car seats simultaneously.

PortraitBabyFruit Ticker

Re: SO - infant carseat question

• Options

I'd probably go ahead and get a convertible prior to a long drive, she'll be more comfortable!

FWIW I don't think moving my convertible car seat from car to car is that big a deal at all. No more a pain than moving the infant seat was.... (I have a Britax) 

• Options

We went ahead and got ours- he was basically the same as your daughter but at 6 months!

We just bought 2 car seats and I love them and think baby is happier.  I feel like you need 2 personally if you're both driving the baby, that way you don't have to mess with the install.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks. We installed the convertible (Maxi Cosi) this afternoon. I'm so happy we did. We'll try and make it work with just one for now. But I am thinking 2 is going to make life MUCH easier.
    PortraitBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"