North Dakota Babies
Options

What happened to my DH? (LONG)

I honestly feel guilty about my response to a recent post about what kind of father is your husband.  Mine has done a complete 180 in the past week.  I said that we shared parenting duties at a ratio of 75-25, but it is now about 60-40.  Yes, it has all changed in a week. 

Things have changed around here schedule wise since we bought a second car.  I now am out of the house before 7 so I don't even get to see my little darling in the morning (which kills me.)  Therefore, Bri now gets her up, changed and fed before my mom or his mom gets to the house.  (Side note: I am now home by 5 so it is really nice to have nearly 3 consecutive hours with my daughter Tuesday-Friday so I can't complain too much.)

A lot of people have been saying that Caroline now looks so much like DH.  I know it sounds silly, but I honestly think that him realizing the stronger resemblence had made him more attached.

Finally, just as I had previously said, I thought DH would be more "into her" as she started to do more.  I know it doesn't sound like much, but her rolling over really is a big deal.  She is trying so hard to move.  She tries to pull herself to move and I think DH sees his own determination in her.  Additionally, I think he is starting to realize that she has her own personality.  Overall, she is becoming a little person to him now and she is much easier to relate to than just the baby that cried when she needed something months ago.

It was honestly a struggle for me to even get time with her today.  DH was totally hogging her.  I love my new "I love being a daddy" husband!"

Re: What happened to my DH? (LONG)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"