Illinois Babies
Options

Arlington Heights Infant Care? Or Playgroup

My daughter is just over 6 months old now, born May 1st. It's been just me and her most of the time, but now I really want her to start interacting with other babies. Especially because I want to ease her into a day care situations so I can start working again. I'm not originally from The Chicago area, and am not currently working, so I am having a hard time finding good leads.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an affordable part time day care in Arlington Hts area? Or even know about playgroups?

Re: Arlington Heights Infant Care? Or Playgroup

• Options
    I'm not familiar with Arlington Heights, but have you tried Meetup.com? They have a ton of mom groups, and I'm sure you could find something in regards to play groups.
  • Options

Arlington Countryside Church on Hintz Road has a MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) group that meets the first and third Thursday of the month from 9:30-11:00.  I believe there is a cost for the group, but the first meeting is free if you wanted to check it out.  I haven't started going yet because I still have an "inside baby," but I know there are a lot of nice women who attend.  Here is a link with more info and contacts:

https://acchurch.org/mops/ 

I'm not so sure about daycare.  If you asked in about 6 months, I'd tell you I'd do it for you :), but I'm still working at my teaching job until this summer! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Check out the park district for some classes you can take your baby to - I met some moms that way. Also, there are a bunch of churches that have Parents Day Out programs in the area - I think First Presbyterian near downtown takes babies at 6 months (for four hours, one day a week) - great way to get a few hours to yourself and let your child get some socialization away from you.
    Visit BabyDealsDujour - we list all the baby daily deals in real-time! Please join our Facebook Group for updates on the best baby daily deals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"