Indiana Babies
Options

nothing is effing going right

and lately, it seems like nothing ever does.

After 2 days on abx Andrew stopped crying completely -still really clingy, not eating, and pulling on ears, but I chalked it up to teeth since the meds made a distinct difference. 

about 3 days later....he's gradually getting worse.  Now he's full out freaking out again.  He wont' eat at all.  He's starving.  He won't drink.  He won't go to bed. 

Tonight it was 9:30, he's so tired he's sobbing, we finally gave him motrin and ear numbing drops and he went to bed with a smile for the first time in 6 weeks.

Seriously. I feel so bad for him and I don't know if I can get by until his ENT appt the 29th. I've been calling to get a cancellation but not luck so far (dr was on vacation this past week too.)

And first steps is really late on the OT approval for his feeding issues, damn government run agencies, so who knows when we'll actually get an OT in here. 

Re: nothing is effing going right

• Options
    ((HUGS)) I am so sorry Kathy! I hope he starts to feel better soon! I hope you can get some answers sooner.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry, I hope things turn around soon.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
    DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Options

One thought...could you see if he could get in with someone else? We got in earlier than you and I think it was because we were with another doctor. I really liked the guy we saw (Trigg). Worth a shot? 

Good luck. (hugs) 

• Options
    imagekelclay724:

One thought...could you see if he could get in with someone else? We got in earlier than you and I think it was because we were with another doctor. I really liked the guy we saw (Trigg). Worth a shot? 

Good luck. (hugs) 

I'd heard better things about the other doctors, so I wanted to see the ones recommended, but I think we might get in with Trigg just b/c I don't think any of us can make it until the 29th.   Plus, you seem to like him, which makes me feel better. :)

• Options
    Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry! I hope you can get in quicker to see the ENT.  HUGS!!!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Kathy :(  FWIW, I didn't list Trigg in my original post just because I don't see his kiddos super often.  He is still an amazing doc!
  • Options

::hugs::

I would go see someone...anyone...asap if it's that bad.  I'm sorry things suck so bad right now, I don't envy you one bit.  

Is there anything I can do?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagelemen99:
    imagekelclay724:

Good luck. (hugs) 

I'd heard better things about the other doctors, so I wanted to see the ones recommended, but I think we might get in with Trigg just b/c I don't think any of us can make it until the 29th.   Plus, you seem to like him, which makes me feel better. :)

Trigg was our doctor too. Go for it!  We really liked him too!

sorry about all of the issues last night :-(

• Options

Thanks ladies.  A friend (not on here) said she really really did not like him, and his pedi and most people here didn't list his name, so I was reluctant. With all of our issues I was afraid to get a non-helpful doctor or wrong diagnosis.

I feel better about that now after reading this.  I really hope we can get in this week.  We are willing to postpone Thanksgiving.  I don't know if it'll happen given that it's Thanksgiving week, and I have my ob appt Tues that we have to work around (although maybe I could move that too).

My friend is a pedi and will check his ears for us today.  

• Options

Poor guy.  How long has he been sick now? I hate it when things just linger on and on.  Isabella colds, etc always seem to last longer than normal.

Amox.  didn't clear up Isabella's ear infection, so now we're on Augmentin.  Joy.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"