2nd Trimester
Options

Can I go off-roading

I am 19 weeks pregnant today.  Tomorrow my husband wants me to go with him to an off-road park with him and some other jeeps.  We would be in his trailblazer but I don't know if it is safe for me to go becuase it will be bumpy and bouncy,  What do you think?  He seemed mad when I said something about it maybe not being safe but I don't think he gets it.  Can I go or should I just stay home?

Re: Can I go off-roading

• Options
    I would personally rather be safe then sorry. 4 wheeling to me carries the same intensity as an amusement park ride, which is not recommended either. Stay home and get some R&R for yourself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Married 1/20/07
    DD Born: 2/18/11
    LO #2 EDD: 10/16/15
  • Options
    CAN you go? Yes. SHOULD you go? Probably not.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I've been off roading numerous times and a few of those times the truck has rolled over..being pregnant when something like that happens could be very very very bad
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageluvdv8:
    CAN you go? Yes. SHOULD you go? Probably not.

This.  At least ask your doctor first instead of a bunch of internet strangers, you'll probably get a more medically sound answer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think not. Google placental abrubtion. And I'm 99.9% sure your doctor would say no if you asked him/her.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I ride quads, rhinos, in jeeps, etc. on a fairly regular basis. We go to the dunes all season (fall, winter, spring) and I feel lost because my doctor said I can't partake in any of those activities. I've already stayed home during one trip and it was a very, very sad day.

But the doctor said no way. It's too dangerous. You could flip, bounce, get hit in the head, there are too many factors that could injure you and the baby.

Sorry. I tried to convince everyone I could ride in a Jeep safely but I was denied.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I find off-roading to be much bumpier than most rides at disneyland.  Seriously.  (except for maybe Indiana Jones - but that is an off-roading ride).

I wouldn't do it.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    Now why in the world would that seem like a good idea?  Seriously...take a second to think about what you just asked.  Not trying to be snarky but use some common sense. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    If your not riding something like motocross it should be fine. I went mud bogging when I was pregnant with DD. Hillbilly thing to do I know, but at least now I can say I did it. And Ive seen girls go in their 3rd tri on 4wheelers. But i would only do it if you are comfortable with it, if it starts to get uncomfortable or if you are too freaked out to do it then dont, the worry and stress would probably hurt the baby more then some bumping around. I would just make it clear to your DH that this is something you will try but he cant be mad if you start to get uncomfortable with it and ask him to go back or to stop or take it slow or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11
  • Options
    If you're not allowed to go on the Indiana Jones ride at Disney Land while pregnant, I would say no to off-roading as well.  But your Dr. would be the person to ask.
  • Options

I wouldn't, personally.

Please be sure to check with your doctor before you go.

• Options
    I decided I am not going.  I know it was a silly question but I didn't even think about it until after my dr. office was closed.
  • Options
    Stay home. If something did happen you would never forgive yourself. Take a girlfriend and go to lunch and get a pedicure or something.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"