South Florida Babies
Options

::Jackie/Cocojack::

Hey Love, I just read your amazing birth story and wanted to share the same story of my birth with you...

My son is now 4 years old (Nicky) but he too was born at 35/36 weeks; I had to be induced due to Hypertension & Pre-Clampsyia...Its the most horrible thing to have gone through...

We fought for Nicky to stay inside my bell since we were I think 30 weeks...and like your story my blood pressure would continue to increase as well, it felt by the day...I had to leave work, I was placed on bed rest...the uncertainty of what would happen to our lil munchkin is what killed us the most...hoping that he was healthy and growing...we were admitted so many times I mean more than 5 times to get monitor for my blood pressure closely, every time I would pray and cry that it we would'nt deliver....

As a matter of fact the day we were rushed to the hospital I had made an appointment with another doctor in the practice, one that I thought wouldn?t be so familiar with my file, hoping that I would slide by another week...but of course my urine was being monitored, I left the room to pee and sure enough my regular doctor saw me in the hallway and quickly said, " How come I am not seeing you today and the other doctor is?" which I quickly answered well you were booked, yeah that didn?t work, he quickly said, "I will come in your room in a minute", and sure enough when he came in, he immediately said, we were having Nicky, due to the blood pressure and the protein in the urine... I begged and pleaded but to avail he didn?t want to put us in anymore jeopardy more than we were already in...

Nicky was born as healthy as can be, he was 5lbs 8 oz and now 4 years later he's almost as tall as I am, lol... One of the main reasons why we have weighted so long to have another, I was so afraid and to be honest with you still am that we would have to go through that experience all over again...We are now just praying for Happy & Healthy Pregnancy...

Well I guess I just wanted to share with you my experience and share how pre-mature babies grown up really strong & healthy!!!! I love the pic you have of them in the U Fan attire! Can?t wait to hear more updates on them!

Happy Holiday!

Daysi :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ::Jackie/Cocojack::

• Options

Thanks so much for sharing.  Having had so many u/s, I knew the boys were going to be big (they were always in the upper percentile for growth... even for twins).  I got scared when they were admitted to the NICU, but quickly realized it was for "minor" reasons, and it was for their own good.  In life, I know everything happens for a reason.  Their time in the NICU allowed me to 1) heal at my own pace (didn't have to be caring for both newborns) and 2) learn how to care for them, with the help of the nurses (which were amazing).  It has been a huge adjustment, but I believe the nurses helped us ton from putting them on a schedule for feeding, and teaching us the basics.

I'm just very relieved that we were able to all go home together!  We live far from the hospital so having to go their on a daily basis, while trying to pump, etc would have been added stress that I didn't need w/ the high BP. 

3 wks pp, and the bp is completely stable, but still higher than my norm.  They are keeping me on the medication for a little bit longer.

Congrats on your pregnanc... may it be uneventful!  : )

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"