Connecticut Babies
Options

Any prenatal fitness classes in the Hartford area??

Hello All... I would like to start by introducing myself. I am from the hartford area and I am due March 2011. I am looking to talk to others in the same shoes as myself :) I love this site...... So I am looking for any recommended fitness classes in the area for a decent price. I am finding it very hard to motivate myself to go to the gym. Pre being pregnant I have always worked out, but being pregnant I feel unmotivated and weird by doing what I ussually do. I hear swimming is good but I feel embarrassed to go to my local gym and put on a bathing suit with my big ole belly lol..... So let me know if you know any of any classes???

Re: Any prenatal fitness classes in the Hartford area??

• Options
    West Hartford Yoga has prenatal yoga classes. 
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    You reccomend them? How are the prices? Ill have to check out the website.. Thanks for the info.... I also saw some people do swimming classes. .Havent heard of any in this area have you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have not taken a prenatal yoga class, but have taken a yoga class there.  I enjoyed my experience (I actually took it when pregnant - just could not do certain positions). I would suggest you check out the Web site, since I am sure their rates have changed since my last pregnancy. 

I am sure you could find a prenatal swimming class at a YMCA or something similar. 

Good luck!

Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Options
    Hi, I'm also due in March and I go to a "Fit for Delivery" class in Vernon.  The gym has a pool, but we dont use it in the class. We do aerobics, light weights, and stretching with the yoga ball.  There are only about 6 or 7 women in the class so we can all get the attention we need.  My doctor's office recommended it to me and I would definitly recommend it to others. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Have you checked out Fit4Baby classes? they offer a free trial with no commitment... You can find locayions near you on the website at www.strollerstrides.com

Good Luck!

• Options
    I agree, the prenatal yoga class at West Hartford Yoga is very good. They just had a Groupon for West Hartford Yoga a few weeks ago, so maybe they'll have another one soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"