Connecticut Babies
Options

OB/GYN Group of Manchester

Does anyone here have experience with them?  Any feedback, positive or negative would be appreciated.  I found them through the hospital website. 

Any feedback on Manchester Memorial Hospital would be helpful too.  I'm interested in them because they support water birth. 

Thanks for any info.  I am moving to CT on sort of short notice fairly late in my pregnancy so I'm scrambling a little bit to figure this all out. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: OB/GYN Group of Manchester

• Options

Hi, if this is the practice on Tolland Tpke in Manchester (and I think they also have a Glastonbury office) then I used to go there when I lived in that area.  Three yrs ago I moved an hour away so it's too far for me now, but if I ever moved back I would go to Corrie Henry again (she's an APRN there, I used to go to her for my annual appointments before I got PG).

I can't speak about the other Dr's in the practice because I only ever saw her (except for maybe 1 time I saw someone else but I don't really remember who it was) but Corrie is wonderful.  She's really sweet and down to earth and makes you feel really at ease.  My 1 friend had her deliver at least 1 or 2 (of her 4) children, and my other friend also went to Corrie for annual appointments before she was pregnant, and she really liked her also.

Not sure if she's taking new patients, but she's great, and I don't remember having any complaints about the practice overall.

• Options

I attended this practice while I was PG with #1. I saw the midwife Liza Mandel and she was AMAZING.. Unfortunately about a year ago she left the practice.. I saw some of the other Dr.'s during my pregnancy and while I was in the hospital. But I never had the "warm and fuzzies" about any of the other doctors. Not the best bedside manner... I was devastated when I found out Liza had left, and therefore have changed OBs for this pregnancy...

I did like Manchester Memorial for the most part... The only complaints I have were A.- my room was right outside the nurses station and they would cackle all through the night which was SOO annoying when you are exhuasted and are trying to sleep. and B.- They gave me a hard time when I asked them to take the baby to the nursery. Other than that over a 6 day stay (Induction/C-Section) I have no other complaints... Hope this helps!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I too choose Manchester Memorial hospital because I want to have a water birth. Have you visited the Birth rooms in the hospital? they are amazing!

I attend OB/GYN Group of Manchester and I love them. I feel so comfortable with them, I have met all of the doctors and midwives; I wanted to meet all of them instead of just one because I want to make I have visited and met them before I have my baby, there are different doctors on call depending on their schedule.

This is my first baby and they truly have answered ALL of my questions. There are two doctors that does not do water birth, which are Dr. Tallaparedy (sp?) and Dr. Hancock ...they are both men and they both say that they do not do it because they are affraid that if the baby's shoulders get stuck then they cannot assist the baby as much as they could on a bed. And Dr. Hancock has a bad back LOL

BUT the other 4 do Water Births. Everyone in the group is so nice and truly make you feel comfortable. I am glad I choose them and I definently recommend them.

I hope that helps :0)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"