3rd Trimester
Options

2cm dilated, 90% effaced..

I went to the doctor today and I'm already at 2cm dilated, 90% effaced... What does that really mean? Does that mean that I'll be going into labor pretty darn soon or what?

I'm freaked out a bit... I didn't have any progress with DD until 41 weeks..

I know that everyone is different, but still I'd love to know how it was for  you.

Thanks

Re: 2cm dilated, 90% effaced..

• Options
    I've been 2cm & 80% for two weeks and no baby yet.  I am hoping he or she arrives soon!
  • Options
    it's not uncommon to walk walk around 1 or 2 cm dialated for a month or so... as long as you're not having regular contractions or your water hasn't broke.. it doesn't really mean much.  it means your body is prepping for labor, but it definitely doesn't mean you're IN labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been 1.5 and 100% for 2 weeks, and 1.5 and 80% since about 32 weeks. I am being induced this weekend.
  • Options
    when i went into PTL at 31 weeks, i progressed to 3cm and 75%...and have been there for about a week and a half...on bed and pelvic rest...no real progress since though...you can walk around dilated and effaced for a while
  • Options
    I have read that those things don't start labor but instead pitocin naturally when your uterus literally is out of room for the baby it will signal labor.
    I was married June 16, 2007 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I was 4cm and 70% from 35 to 37 weeks... then 5cm 80% at my 38 and 39 week checks.  I was induced. 

It is definitely not an exact science :).

• Options
    I don't think it means much.  I had an appointment 3 days before DS was born where I was barely 1 cm and 75 % effaced.  I didn't expect him to be born 3 days later.  YOu can be 3 cm for a few weeks, I hear.  But hopefully, for you it means the baby will come really soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had no progress at all at my appts and then out of nowhere my water broke. I don't think it means much, some people walk around dialated 2+ for weeks and then it doesn't go anywhere. Others like myself have no progress at all then all of a sudden are in labor.
  • Options
    I was 1cm and 50% effaced starting at 35 weeks. At 37 weeks I was 3cm and still 50% effaced. No labor yet. Even though the process is starting, it could be weeks away still. I got all excited last week thinking that I was so close it must be happening soon, but no contractions or anything, so I'm just waiting it out. Hopefully since we are already doing a lot of the early labor now the rest will go quickly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"