Infertility
Options

so embarassing! I burst out crying at my OB/GYN

I was so embarassed.  All he said was "so how's it going"? and I lost it. I had POAS the night before and knew this month was a BFN. Also he had referred me to an RE two months ago and I didn't go to the one he referred me to but instead went to someone who takes my insurance. The experience was AWFUL as discussed in previous posts. Long story short, my OB/GYN is sooooo amazing and said all the right things and once again referred me to the guy he knows. His nurse gave me a huge hug and told me to never give up hope (She also said some other ingorant things like I should stop stressing about it and the stress is probably what is keeping me from getting pg but since her heart was in the right place and she was being so kind those usually annoying words didn't even irk me). It jsut pointed out so clearly what a difference it can make to work with medical professionals who care instead of at a baby factory wher eyou feel like a number or a piece of cattle!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
History of IF and 2.5 years TTC. The day we were to start our first IUI we received a call that changed our lives forever and 10 month old Olivia joined our family. Shortly thereafter we got a surprise BFP and baby 2 is due July 5, 2012

Re: so embarassing! I burst out crying at my OB/GYN

• Options
    Im sorry! Sending you a hug. I have cried at my RE's a bunch of times. Its an awful feeling and Im sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

i have totally done this at my docs before and it was in front of my dermatologist!  When she was checking my moles she had to see the massive scar I have across my stomach from my surgery now and when she asked me what happened i burst into tears.  I was really embarassed too.  But she also gave me a big hug and was very supportive as I told her the whole story.  She even called me the next day to make sure i was ok.  So yes I am totally with that that good docs make a huge differenece.

hang in there hun.  ((hugs))

~Lauren~
    **SAIF always welcome.**
    After 2+ years, 3 losses, 3 surgeries, 2 IVFs and 1 FET our little girl is here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Lauren (babystinkbreath)'s book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Read in 2011: 56/55
    Read in 2012: 31/30
    Read in 2013: 1/25
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• Loading the player...
  • Options

((hugs))  I'm sorry.  It sounds like you have a great OB/GYN though!

Don't be embarrassed about crying.  I think it's kind of like a rite of passage for us IF girls!  I remember the first time I cried in my REs office!!

*P/SAIFW* TTC since 1/08 Clomid, 2 IUIs, 4 IVFs, FET 7 losses Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I've come to terms with the fact that EVERY TIME I go to the Dr.'s office I cry.   I feel like such a nut case, but it always happens.    I'm glad your doctor was so caring :) 

• Options

I'm an Ob-gyn nurse and first of all, I apologize for that nurse's ignorance, I would never say that to a patient, especially having gone through it myself.  And with all my knowledge and experience, I've still busted out crying....at work, at my ob-gyn, at my RE.   They see it everyday.  Thank god for good, compassionate doctors!  They ARE out there!  GL at your new RE!!

• Options

I've done it more than once- I can't believe that they've never offered me meds, actually...  It's usually something benign like "how have things been going" and I'm weeping...

I honestly think that they have seen.it.all. and while they're concerned, it's pretty common.

• Options
    im so sorry
    ::PAIF/SAIF Welcome::

TTC since July 2008
    IUI 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF #1 C/P, FET 1,2,3 BFN
    IVF#2 BFP

it's a girl!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards