School-Aged Children
Options

Need Bday party ideas for a 6 yr old boy...

Let me preface this post by saying I will be having my 3rd baby a week before my oldest turns 6.  I want to do something fun for him to make it "about him" but that is easy on a mom who is having a csection.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking about one of those bounce house places and just having it there.  I am totally open to suggestions :)

Thank you in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Need Bday party ideas for a 6 yr old boy...

• Options

Any place where they do all the work for you! :)

Bowling, laser tag, a karate school (this was the least work I ever had to do), roller skating rink, ice skating rink

• Options
    I was 8 months pg when my daughter turned 6 and I held it at one of those bounce places.  It was great - they did everything and my daughter and her friends loved it.  This place had two separate bounce rooms and they were exclusive to the birthday party so I didn't have to worry about making sure the kids in the party were accounted for.  I was able to relax and talk to the other moms and dads.  I would highly recommend it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds like a good place to me.  They're very helpful there.  DS wants his next bday at Chuck E. Cheese's.  Also a very helpful place when planning/having a bday party.  You can also have a smaller party there, if your DS is into that.  That might help make it a bit more manageable for you.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

My kids are 6 and 10 and they both LOVE bounce places!  My DD had her 10th birthday party at a bounce place; it was one of the easiest parties I've ever thrown.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to have his party a few months down the road, if you don't want the arrival of baby #3 to prevent you from doing the party you'd ideally want to do.

Both my kids AND my DH have birthdays within the same 10 days at the end of August and beginning of September.  I'm a teacher, so this time of year is not a fantastic time for me to be throwing parties.  Sometimes we have a mid-summer, early party.  This year we had my DD's party in October instead of closer to her birthday.  Everyone's cool with it. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great ideas & advice.  DS's bday always falls right near Valentines day so I might push it out and extra week :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"