Potty Training

Going every min of the day!

Does your toddler do this???  DS has been pt for a few weeks now but he gets so excited about going that he will litterally walk out of the br from going turn around and say "hurry!" and run back in and squeeze every little drop out he can (looks like he's pooing).  I know he's just learning how to use the potty but I'm afraid he's not learning when he actually has to go.  He has at least 1 accident a day.  DH does not like it and wants to lock the door (which I don't agree with).  It does get annoying but I know he's just excited about it.  Does anyone elses toddler do this? 

Re: Going every min of the day!

• My DS isn't fully potty trained yet but he does this about pooping at times.  This morning he went poop 4 times in 10 mins.  He would go, I clean him up, dump the potty, turn back around and he was back on it going again.  After the 4th time he finally stopped lol

I think they like the recognition they get when they do a good job :)

• I would just give it time - I think being able to recognize when their bladder is full is something that just takes time and practice - i don't think there is really a way to teach that. I certainly wouldn't discourage him from going in and trying to go - maybe just a smile and a "good try!" or "good job!" ... but then when he goes and actually does have a lot come out - turn up the praise a little bit more, do a dance, clap, etc.

On a side note - I'm sure that his ability to squeeze out his pee is very helpful for when you want him to go when you're about to leave the house. :)

DD 4yo DS 1yo
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"