School-Aged Children
Options

Kissing Kindergartners

My 5 year old just told me that another boy in the class kissed her in the library on the lips at school today.  This shocked me.  She then went into a discussion of how she has "boyfriends".  I asked her if the teacher saw him or if she told the teacher and she said no just some kids saw.  I asked her what it felt like and she said like I was getting married or kissing my yucky brother.  Ug.  I should also add that her teacher is engaged and getting married this year which has been discussed in class.  Does anyone have experience with this?  Among other things, I told her it was not appropriate to be kissing boys and def. not at school. help.

Re: Kissing Kindergartners

• Options

My DS1 told me about how he kissed his "girlfriend" last year, in kindergarten. I asked him why he did that, and he said they were going to get married.

I told him not to do that, and he needed to keep all of his body to himself. I haven't heard anything more, and it's been almost a year now.

Effing crazy people.
  • Options

To be honest, because she's brought it up I'd take this as the opportunity to remind her that we don't show anyone our privates and to tell you immediately if someone does, etc. 

I'd remind her that boyfriends are for when you are older, not this young. My 6 year old was talking about girlfriends and the teacher told him that girlfriends are for when you are older, not now. He seemed satisfied with her response.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"