VBAC

So how do I go about getting my medical records?

I have my 2nd prenatal visit with my OB on Mon.  Do I just ask the Dr. to see my file?  I really like the practice I'm with (except for the OB that delivered my son, but I don't see her anymore) and don't want to seem like I'm suspicious of anything.  I just truly want some answers but I almost feel embarrassed to ask.  If you requested to see your medical records, how did you go about it?  Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So how do I go about getting my medical records?

• I switched practices so requested to have all my files sent to me to give to a new practice. You could just tell them via phone you need copies of your records for your primary doctor and to have them shipped to your address. You could also just ask the office about how to get your medical records.

• Just ask the office and you should be able to get a copy. You might be suprised at how much is NOT written down though.

Why do you want them?

Typically what OBs ask for from a VBAC patient is the operative report, and that is from the hospital, not the OB. You just contact the hospital records department for a copy.

- Jena
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got the medical records for my daughter's hospital birth. I called the hospital's medical records office and they mailed me the forms to fill out for the request.  I faxed in the forms, they called me when my file had been pulled, and then I went in to review the file to select which pages I wanted copies of.  Copies were $1.20/page. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"