VBAC

Re: VBAC myths debunked

• Yes

Some other VBAC myths debunked: 

1.  You cannot VBAC if your hospital does not have staff "immediately available" 24/7 to handle an emergency c/s

2. You are not a good candidate if you had a cesarean after 10 cm

3. You are not a good candidate if you had your cesarean for FTP or CPD 

4. You have no induction or augmentation options in a VBAC

5. Most uterine ruptures are fatal for the baby and require a hysterectomy for the mother

6. You need an epidural to have a VBAC.  

7. Most VBAC attempts end in a c/s anyway so why bother 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Excellent article, with the exception of myth 5. An induction (presumably with pit) does not "greatly increase the risks for the mother". While the risk of rupture does increase, it is not a huge increase, particularly when used in moderation.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just love (sarcastically) how they call VBAC a "procedure". The entire point is that a VBAC is NOT a procedure. It's something YOU DO, not something that is DONE TO YOU.

Sorry I'm grouchy this week. 

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • imageJoelsGirl07:

I just love (sarcastically) how they call VBAC a "procedure". The entire point is that a VBAC is NOT a procedure. It's something YOU DO, not something that is DONE TO YOU.

Yes that always bugs me.  How is a woman pushing her child out a procedure?  Is it also a procedure when she poops? 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiris427:
    imageJoelsGirl07:

I just love (sarcastically) how they call VBAC a "procedure". The entire point is that a VBAC is NOT a procedure. It's something YOU DO, not something that is DONE TO YOU.

Yes that always bugs me.  How is a woman pushing her child out a procedure?  Is it also a procedure when she poops? 

Agreed - and *chuckle*  My son is quite good at said procedure, in that case.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageiris427:
    imageJoelsGirl07:

ha! I know!  that always gets me too!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagedisbride061103:
    Excellent article, with the exception of myth 5. An induction (presumably with pit) does not "greatly increase the risks for the mother". While the risk of rupture does increase, it is not a huge increase, particularly when used in moderation.

yea, it sort of made it sound like induction if you haven't had a c/s is 100% safe and I don't think any induction is 100% safe.  There are risks with everything.

I also think that most OB's who don't do VBACs don't realize that any induction with a VBAC has to be treated differently than someone who hasn't had a c/s

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"